Tarp
    Sargasso Hex
    Insulation
    UQ/Self inflating
    Suspension
    Whoopies

First time hang...

Hi guys

First off i want to say thanks because i have gained alot of info and tips from this site and from the forum menbers who post on you tube etc..

Ok so after being a ground hugger for years the time came i wanted to get myself a nice new tent.. so after hours well days really of looking about i started to love the idea of a hammock.. so i did the right thing and reserched and spent some time in one. LOVED IT sums it up.

Ok so i get myself a hammock (tenth wonder) with a nice tarp and couldnt wait till i could get it set up, that time was yesterday. The set up was easy and no problems, saying that i will be adding some whoopies for adjusting ease very soon.

My only issue i had was a ridge that went right down the middle of the hammock making getting a good night sleep a issue. Now i asuming it is something to do with how it was hung or that as its the first time it streached.. either way it did put a downer on the night. But im not detered

Any ways ill be updating more as time goes on with more tree swinging adventures and mishaps im sure. thanks again for a great forum.

Fozz

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    WELCOME! You will learn quickly how your hammock hangs the best, and then dreamy sleep will be yours in the Piney Woods! What type of hammock did you get?
    Any questions - look through the archives. Search for threads - they are almost always there! If not, ASK AWAY! Someone here knows the answer!

Hang tight!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    It is not uncommon for the first few hangs to be less than ideal. After years in a bed your body is going to wonder what is going on. It also takes a few setups and take downs to figure out what suspension is all about. It helps to devote some time for set up and take down exercises using different trees if possible. Of course you need to exercise some rest practice in order to properly evaluate each new experiment.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Welcome aboard from Florida, Fozz. Enjoy the fun. My 2nd DIY is still not quite ready after a couple of weeks tweeking. Thought I had found the perfect gather on the ends, tied it in permanently (there is no such word here) and couldn't hardly sleep in it. Then my wife said " shouldn't you be sittting that up for your new stand?" She took my old set up by the way. The way I look at this nothing is instant or perfect with hammocks. No two bodies are the same and even though close to 'identical'', hammocks of the same name aren't either. Besides it's a lot of fun playing with your hammock.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts