Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best service

best service

I just ordered my first hammock. Do to my location and security settings, I could not access pay pal. I sent the an email explaining this and within 15 minutes I received a phone call. Today I got confirmation that my hammocks has been sent but, I did not receive a tracking #. I replied to the confirmation email and asked about a tracking #. I got a follow up email within 5 minutes. On the phone the man I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. This is my first hammock but, I have ordered many times online and over the phone. Buying my DD frontline was by far the best buying experience I have ever had. Can't wait to get my new hammock.
    I am 5'9" and a solid 230lbs. I hope the DD will fit me ok as I will be ordering 4 more if this is a comfortable hammock.

best srvise

I ordered late Friday. Got a confirmation Monday that it had just been shipped. This is Tuesday and I live in WV and my hammock is hanging up in my backyard already. It was still in scotland yesterday at 10:14 according to fedex.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    wow. that is some serious fast shipping.. enjoy
    your new abode!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've never been left 'wanting' when dealing with Nick at DD Hammocks. Top rate guy!
    Trust nobody!

Thumbs up best service

I got an email from Claytor today. Claytor was my first choice and I sent them the same email I sent to DD about to hours before I contacted DD. They more or less said they couldn't help me unless I had a family member that could access pay pal. I deleted the email but, I wish I had replied that I have already slept in my DD hammock. I did sleep in it last night and was very comfortable. Huge thanks to DD hammocks. I love my frontline.
    The only thing I have to say is, they really need to upgrade their suspension and I will be canging mine very soon.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Ordered my Frontline on a Thursday evening, made it across the ocean and received it early Monday morning. Lovin it so far...

Hammock
    Eno DN, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    DIY uq
    Suspension
    straps
    I will say they have incredible shipping times. Overnight International without additional charges is as good as it gets.

However, I received two Frontlines on Thursday of last week and tried them out in the back yard for three nights over the Holiday weekend. The Frontlines are comfortable and seem to be well constructed...except for one glaring problem. On both of mine (one for myself and one for my 14 y.o. son) the seams where the bottom nylon is sewn to the zippers is not folded or rolled. It is double stitched, but the edge is just flat and exposed. This creates a large amount of fuzz that constantly catches in the zippers. I emailed Nick this morning concerning this and he got back to me in a couple of hours. (that was good) His reply was that they basically screwed up on the new Frontlines in this area and that it would be addressed in the future. His "fix" was for me to trim the edge as close to the zippers as possible to reduce the fuss. (not so good).

Knowing how well I perform intricate tasks when I am doing work to make up for a manufacturing error, both of them will probably be used for scrap material before this is over.

Looks like the next set are going to be D.I.Y. At least then if it's screwed up, I have only myself to blame.

Just have to throw in that I ordered from DD and it was in my hands before I could even check the tracking number! How do they do that? Very nice!

Hammock
    Kammok or WB RR ,Yunon earth
    Tarp
    Superfly w/ doors
    Insulation
    Snugfit & Burrow
    Suspension
    dutch cilps

Smile

Great have fun with it

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    They are very fast shippers, which is excellent when you are new to hammocks. You are hanging before you can think twice

But the fast shipping comes with a strict warehouse management and an industrial behavior. I don't know how big their business is, but it seems beyond cottage size. I just didn't get the same feeling about helping customers with after-sales issues. Your example of "help yourself" fits this impression.

May be someone has an example of "way-beyond" customer service like the ones we read about here from cottage businesses in Conus.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast