Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Few WBBB Inquiries

I currently am running a GT Nano setup, and though I am only 140 lbs and have a pretty skinny build, I would like to have some more room AND more importantly comfort, and move on to try a WBBB.

My dad has a Hennessey which I tried the other day, and I really like the asym design as I can get way more comfortable and pretty flat.

I am just wondering if you can pretty much get really flat in a BB as well? Because for whatever reason, the second time out with my hammock, I realized I have some serious trouble sleeping with my head/neck too cocked at an upward slope (as little as 12-20*or so). By the commentary and videos I have seen, especially Water Monkey's, the lay of the BB seems way more flat! Loving the footbox and shelf.

Also are you able to sleep comfortably/flat on your side? I tried this in both my Nano and my dad's Hennessey but ended up waking up an hour later in discomfort only to re-adjust to laying on my back again. I just couldn't get flat enough.

Lesson learned, ultralight setups seem pretty and exciting but aren't always the way to go in terms of comfort factor. I think I will sacrifice that extra 9 oz or so that my full Nano 7 setup offers for the 50x more comfort.

Thanks,
    Josh,

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    Yep I have the WBBB 1.7 Single Layer and you can get as flat as you like. Very roomy for my 6'3" frame.
    That said, I actually like my WB Traveler better. I can easily lay very diagonal to the right OR left in it. Not so much in the Blackbird, it pretty much only works in one direction, for me.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    I get pretty flat in mine and have no trouble laying on my side

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Traveler 1.7 single,,I am 6', 170lbs, and love it,,can get flat as I want, at a decient angle, slept outside in this cold front passing thru,,got down to 61 finally and slept like a baby till 7am,,hammock rocks,,and I have a gt ultralite and a gt skeeter beater pro,,and this baby beats heck out of them,

Awesome that sounds good! I am glad to see a lot of emphasis around here on the comfort factor.

Right now I'm debating on whether to go for a Single 1.1 or 1.7 for when I break down to purchase one.

Again I am only about 140 lbs. and I am 5'9" so I understand by their recommended weight chart that anything from the single group is plenty fine, but really wondering if the 1.7 will add that extra comfort.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    If you live in a skeeter infested area considered the double as it helps to keep the skeeters from biting thru it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Or put a bug net completely around you,,as that is how they make them. One of the reasons I went with the 1.7 Single Traveler was the heavier but still silky feeling that it gave me over the super too lighteness feeling I just didn't care for in the gt ultra. I just never like the unsecure feeling it gave me and the too squeezed lay.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    In a WBBB 1.1 or 1.7 dbl when I lie on my back, I often find that my head falls all the way back with my chin pointing up. I could not get that flat in my Hennessy BPUL.
    I like sleeping on either left or right side. I usually curl up a bit. I lie even flatter when I curl up on my side. So flat that I must have something under my head to support it. Flat, like on a bed, really flat.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    the WBBB is the best hammock out there hands down it's the best mix of features and comfort IMO .... it's the hammock i goto 98% of the time
    it's very big inside and you can get a flat lay i would not trade my WBBB for anything.... ok... maybe for a sports car

you can not go wrong with a WBBB there is a reason why they are so popular with the masses try it and you will know why
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegion View Post
    Awesome that sounds good! I am glad to see a lot of emphasis around here on the comfort factor.

Right now I'm debating on whether to go for a Single 1.1 or 1.7 for when I break down to purchase one.

Again I am only about 140 lbs. and I am 5'9" so I understand by their recommended weight chart that anything from the single group is plenty fine, but really wondering if the 1.7 will add that extra comfort.
    My understanding is that the 1.7 might not add comfort for someone your size. I think it is recommended that if you don't weigh as much, the slight stretch of the 1.1 will actually give you a more comfortable night, but HYOH.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast