WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

questions for hanging the Traveler 1.7 Single ??

Just got the Traveler 1.7 Single that I ordered on 8/6 at noon today and been jacking with it for over 6 hrs now trying to get a good hang out of it. When I unpackaged it, and hung it inside the house,,as its 104 outside..I have a 30 degree angle on it, and have hung other hammocks same same,,all were Grand Trunks,,the skeeter beeter Pro, and the UL..I wanted to try out the Warbonnet, and basically cannot get a good hang with it from Brandon the way its setup. His ridgeline is only 96 inches long and you end up with tons of sloppy hammock on the sides no matter how you side lay,,and no matter how you adjust the web tieouts.

I have taken each end of the hammock apart, and gotten rid of the bunched up ends,,when you thread the rope of the buckles thru the sewn ends of the hammock and a whoopie ridgeline of 105 inches its absolutely perfect. Question however,,will the sewed hemmed ends of the hammock hold up not tied the way Warbonnet ties their gathered ends??? It looks like a double stitched hemm for the loop across the end of the hammock, however,,knowing that that is not the way its designed.

Even putting the ends of the hammock back tied the way it came to me,,and putting MY ridgeline on it, to get rid of all the excess fabric slack on each side,,you have to really extend the ridgeline out to about 108 inches and then the ridgeline is really low,,like 12 inches from the body as I am laying it, and that is not workable at all.

I know I have seen other postings I think about this,,and everybodys idea of the fix is the angle that I am tied up to,,but that is not the issue as I can raise and lower the ends, change the angles,,take it out side and its still the same. Hammock came with a 96 inch ridgeline and that way is way too slack. And too much sloppy material no matter what angle I lay at. the BEST way is like I said, untie the ends, run the rope loop thru the ends of the hammocks same way grand trunk does theirs,,but its not the way its made to work.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Don't know if you had seen this thread. There is something in there about hanging it upside down? Hope it helps.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=35565

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    How high is the attachment point of the suspension? What is the span? Your weight and height?

I just got a 1.1 DL and rigged it on a 15.5' span. The head end is 74" off the ground, with the foot end a few inches higher. The straps run out about 44" on each end and the gathered ends are about 44" high unloaded. That leaves my butt about 12" off the ground (hard to measure, but I can touch the ground) and I'm 5'10" and 220. There is some loose fabric, but nothing unusual compared to my experience with a Hennessy Expedition, a Grand Trunk Ultralight, or a Eno-style multi-panel hammock. I got a good flat lay with no shoulder hug or calf pressure. Felt good.

It may be that you aren't used to a hammock of that width?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    First...web tie outs? A Traveler doesn't have tie outs unless something has changed.

Second, until recently the stock ridgeline for a Warbonnet-whip Traveler was about 100"-101". I always thought that was indeed the most appropriate length for the ridgeline given the length of the fabric, so I'm not sure why the change. If nothing else, perhaps you should try re-setting the whipping back to normal and adjusting the length of the ridgeline accordingly.

If you lay on a steeper diagonal, the slack fabric will be more used....
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    You are not laying diagonal enough!!!!!!!!!!
    The way he sent my traveler 1.7 single was perfect. I haven't changed anything, wouldn't want to.
    Anyways, don't screw with it too much.
    I would NOT run it through the channel and hang in it either! Put it back the way it was.
    It's gonna have some floppy to it. It's a wide hammock. Its wide so you can lay really diagonal and flat.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I am laying diagonal flat,,warbonnet has a nylon string thru channel that is tied in a square knot,,then the rope to the newer buckles is looped around the end,,I have the ridge line now set at 103 inches and its pretty perfect and going to leave it alone,,I have tried from the factory setup,,reversed,,hammock is strung out about 18ft total span end tie to end tieoff. and ends where tied are 6.5 off the ground with 30 degree angle and foot of hammock is about 5 inches higher than head of hammock, but like I said,,it came with ridge line 96 inches long so that was most of the problem and I will make it work as its going to be my go to hammock. I realize it is a wider than most hammocks and main reason I bought it for a more diagnal lay..it will work out just fine.

I am 6' and 170 lbs minus clothes to answer that question..

And to answer AngrySparrow..the traveler can be ordered now with the webbing tie outs vs the rope ones..with the newest buckles and I really like them,super easy to undo and tighten down,,absolutely perfect to where I am not going to put whoopie slings on it for now or maybe ever. really quick setup.!
    Last edited by Acer; 09-02-2011 at 19:43.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    And to answer AngrySparrow..the traveler can be ordered now with the webbing tie outs vs the rope ones..with the newest buckles and I really like them,super easy to undo and tighten down,,absolutely perfect to where I am not going to put whoopie slings on it for now or maybe ever. really quick setup.!
    I think Angry Sparrow was referring to side tie outs, like on the Blackbird.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    I think Angry Sparrow was referring to side tie outs, like on the Blackbird.
    I was indeed, because he called them tie-outs.... The webbing is a suspension option.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    oops..excuse my descriptions,,have the ridgeline set at 100 inches and its very very good..will sleep in it tonite and leave airconditioning running, with the NR UQ under it loosely and a sheet on top of me. will sleep like a baby! there are no side tieouts on it, thanks for the imput.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    What a fantastic nite of sleep I got in this hammock..Awesome lay and super relaxed sleep all nite long,,I went to sleep about 11:30 pm and woke at 7:25am without waking one time last nite. Of course a few glasses of wine didn't hurt anything either before racking out...lol,,its a great hammock!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast