Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I can tell the difference between them, especially on a fabric bed that I'm used to. So I guess I have to disagree with you about that. If people couldn't tell the difference, there would be much less need to tweak ridgelines in the first place...

JMO
    i realize people have different opinions on this, that one is just mine.

Images
    I think it's somewhat misleading to change ridgeline lengths without notice or explanation, especially to a hammock with established specifications. If you're using 98" ridgelines, at a minimum your product page should reflect that even if it's temporary.
    JMO
    well, look at the length and specifics of the explanation, you don't expect me to post that on my website do you? that seems silly.

i'll agree, i should have changed the listed spec, i am slow at making web updates on things like that i'll admit.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    well, look at the length and specifics of the explanation, you don't expect me to post that on my website do you? that seems silly.

i'll agree, i should have changed the listed spec, i am slow at making web updates on things like that i'll admit.
    Presumably you're not changing hammock specs daily, so I'm not seeing what would be silly about updating it when you actually do.

Failing that...post it here.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    I'd argue that using up a batch of ridgelines isn't worth introducing inconsistency to your product line.
    JMO
    here's my point of view on that:

when the RL was 100", some liked it some wanted to customize the length, then when the RL was 98"...same scenario.

from my standpoint there's no difference in comfort level between the 2 lengths. if there were 10 blackbirds set up side by side, 9 of them at 100" and 1 at 98" i don't think you'd be able to feel the difference.

i'll have my specs adjusted on the website

Images
    Presumably you're not changing hammock specs daily, so I'm not seeing what would be silly about updating it when you actually do.

Failing that...post it here.
    well, specs on the site do get changed, sometimes not as timely as they should like i've admitted. in this instance, that worked in my favor. since i only switched to the 98" RL for a very short time, (and i did post that on HF just after it happened by the way). i did not however change the spec on the website, and luckily so because now that i've switched back to the old netting the spec (for the blackbird) is correct again

all joking aside, i do not feel like the 98" RL on the travelers has any effect on comfort, nor was the comfort of the blackbird effected when i switched from 101 to 100, or from 100 to 98, or from 98 back to 100.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have mine hung in the house between about 10' 6'' span. I used the webbing suspension that I took off the Blackbird. I have not had any comfort issues. I do sleep pretty diagonal, maybe 30 to 40 degrees off center (I am pretty short though). I actually sleep a bit more comfy in the Traveler than my B-Bird, but not much though. The ridgeline is 100 inches and I have the slightest bit of slack in it when I am in the hammock. I have found that sometimes during the night, when I get out and then back in, the hammock is "up-side-down" and this does affect the lie a bit. I just turn it in the morning.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123