WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Very cool. May be a winter project...? I like the fact that color options are limited to the supply on the market there for more options
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    ENO Double deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Cat-cut Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Okay so I have been studying all the different plans for a WBB clone, and I have even bought the materials for the project. I plan to start it as soon as I finish my cat cut hex tarp.

The one thing I am trying to puzzle out is a way to make the bug screen removable, or at least zip off and stuffed into a pocket in the foot end. Would it work to sew the zipper directly to the bug netting? Or is that too much stress on the no-seeum?

Has anyone done this? Any ideas or pointers as to how? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bmcsteve; 07-13-2014 at 00:00.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcsteve View Post
    Okay so I have been studying all the different plans for a WBB clone, and I have even bought the materials for the project. I plan to start it as soon as I finish my cat cut hex tarp.

The one thing I am trying to puzzle out is a way to make the bug screen removable, or at least zip off and stuffed into a pocket in the foot end. Would it work to sew the zipper directly to the bug netting? Or is that too much stress on the no-seeum?

Has anyone done this? Any ideas or pointers as to how? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Check out Xtrekkers video on attaching a BugNet to a hammock. It's basically the same for the WBBB...

http://youtu.be/o4PPMPWDH4U
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DIY Black Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    That looks easier than having someone lay in it while I measure, pin and cut! But what about if I don't use side tie-outs?

Hammock
    ENO Double deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Cat-cut Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Check out Xtrekkers video on attaching a BugNet to a hammock. It's basically the same for the WBBB...

http://youtu.be/o4PPMPWDH4U
    Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed to know.

This is my first post and was glad to see this thread still active. I have built the 9' plans exactly to spec but I don't know what I did wrong. My footbox seems way too small and way too high in the hammock (in fact its useless and not functional). Is it a matter of getting this hung correctly or did I mess up somewhere, ridgeline too long / short? I'm really disappointed because I put a lot of work into this thing and I'm not a very good sewer. I looked at the pictures of one hanging on page 5 of this thread and my footbox looks 1/3rd the size.

Can anyone help the new guy? Thanks. Btw .. this is my first hammock, never even sat in one before and I'm really hoping to become a convert.

Edit:
    I just found a picture in that thread that someone posted that looks exactly like my footbox.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...1&d=1368814554
    How is that ever going to work that high and small?
    Last edited by okinaw55; 07-19-2014 at 16:51.

Hammock
    DIY PoorBird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 0/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/MSH/Whoopie
    I have found that my feet dont exactly go in the piece of fabric you sew onto the hammock that creates the footbox. I took a few pics of the one I made on page 15 (take a look at the last one with me lying in it). As you can see, my feet are just below the footbox. without that footbox my feet would just about be hanging out of the hammock... thanks to the footbox, thats definantly not an issue. lets see some pics of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetrock View Post
    I have found that my feet dont exactly go in the piece of fabric you sew onto the hammock that creates the footbox. I took a few pics of the one I made on page 15 (take a look at the last one with me lying in it). As you can see, my feet are just below the footbox. without that footbox my feet would just about be hanging out of the hammock... thanks to the footbox, thats definantly not an issue. lets see some pics of yours!
    I took some photos this evening. I don't have time to upload and everything but I'll try to remember tomorrow to get something up here for everyone to see. I don't have 2 trees close enough to test it here at home so its possible once I climb inside everything will be fine. It just doesn't "look" right to me.

Hammock
    BIAS WW and DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    Leighlo and JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by okinaw55 View Post
    This is my first post and was glad to see this thread still active. I have built the 9' plans exactly to spec but I don't know what I did wrong. My footbox seems way too small and way too high in the hammock (in fact its useless and not functional). Is it a matter of getting this hung correctly or did I mess up somewhere, ridgeline too long / short? I'm really disappointed because I put a lot of work into this thing and I'm not a very good sewer. I looked at the pictures of one hanging on page 5 of this thread and my footbox looks 1/3rd the size.

Can anyone help the new guy? Thanks. Btw .. this is my first hammock, never even sat in one before and I'm really hoping to become a convert.

Edit:
    I just found a picture in that thread that someone posted that looks exactly like my footbox.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...1&d=1368814554
    How is that ever going to work that high and small?
    I built an 9' version of the plans and had the same issue. If I was going to make another one I was planning on moving the footbox back about 6" or just using the shelf side plan from the 8' variant. Then you'd end up sewing part of the bottom of the hammock to the netting itself instead of the shelf pattern being sewn exclusively between the bottom and the netting--I hope that makes sense. If you look at the pictures of the blackbird, there appears to be about 6" from the whipping to the beginning of the footbox (I've never seen a blackbird in person).

I never ended up trying it because I got distracted with other hammock designs and never took the time to go back.

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast