Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty12x12 current
    Insulation
    body fat
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Polystrap
    Looking at doing something similar myself, so I'm staying tuned to this thread. Please post pictures if you can!

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Yeah I'll take some pics once I get home from work. I'll also take some measurements. I'm a total hammock rookie, so when I first installed the eye bolts, they were not far enough apart. I was getting way too much sag and looked a lot like the letter "U". Heh. Then I did some thinking, and a little online research confirmed it - if your connection points are on the ceiling, they need to be farther apart than you think. That way you can get the proper sag/angle and still be close enough to the ground/floor to easily climb in or out of you hammock.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    my suggestion (now my head is clear and all)

i have a eno DN and whoopies and all. since youre not a camper per se, heres what you do.

take out the black ropes, and put the caribiners into the channels. that way, clips right to the amsteel loops you have in the bolts. itll ditch weight, and make the whole thing simpler. then if you have whoopies, you can clip them into the fixed eye and have a regular setup for camping with just the extra biner in place. no biggie!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Cool, good call. It would save some weight I guess but how much do 2 small pieces of black rope weigh? As it is, I have the Black Diamond 'biners clipped into the black ropes/loops on the ends of the hammock. So almost the same as you're suggesting. I like the idea of removing those black loops - simplicity is key. Less connections = less to go wrong. But will it mess with the way it hangs? It seems like that black rope is tied on in a certain way. Not just a normal knot. Does it serve any purpose?

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Not really. (no pun intended) The rope is just looped thru the channel and then there is a slip knot in the end to form a loop. The carabiners can replace the whole setup if you want, it works just fine.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    i had the black diamonds too. i ended up using an oval black diamond instead of the one thats got more of a pointed bottom, just to make sure nothing really pinched. one thing you may want to keep an eye on is that the fabric doesnt get pinched or caught up in anything on the biner. i with the neutrinos i actually would turn them upside down to where the wider point was at the hammock end.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Cool. I have two Neutrino carabiners but I also have two of these larger Omega ones...
    http://www.altrec.com/omega/standard-d-carabiner

Perhaps I'll just put those on the hammock ends instead. I don't know though - I'm still thinking it over. I might wait until I get a few more hangs under my belt before I start modifying things to that extent.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    heres what you do until then. leave the black rope in, and still run the biner thru and test it out. if you like it, ditch the rope. if you dont, then ditch the biners. leaving the rope in it wont hurt anything or cause an issue with the hang. problem solved.

and heck, even if you did take it out, if you didnt cut it you could always run it back in.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Haha I feel like this thread should have died a long time ago. Other than the forthcoming pics and measurements, it has little value to anyone but me. Heh. But thanks for putting up with me and helping me along guys. Much appreciated.

Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    MacCat D/Warbonnet
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Images
    Here's an alternative:

Semi-permanent roof suspension a.ka. da rigging =
    1) Remove OEM (black lines) and biners from hammock.
    2) Lark's head the whoopie fixed loop through the Eno channels as described.
    3) Hang biners from eye bolts (if you don't like metal on metal, shorten amsteel and affix biners via smaller loop of amsteel through the eye bolts).

Setup =
    1) Clip whoopie adjustable loop into biner(s) and adjust the loop to desired height of hammock. I believe whoopies can adjust down pretty far on each end...you'll have to measure yours.
    2) Get in, hang, enjoy

The takedown=
    1) Unclip whoopies from semi-permanent roof suspension and exit stage right, back into house. You can even take your biners with you if you fear for their safety.

The end result = each part of your rig is tried and true. Nothing new or complicated. No unnecessary parts hanging or dangling...you gain your desired flexibility while retaining your existing security features/measures. This is of course, predicated upon the idea that you have enough vertical room.

Cheers,
    Mickey

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast