Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs

Graham Flexair Pillow?

Does anyone use these for a knee pillow? http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Pillow.htm

I tried out my new WBBB 1.1dbl this week and had a great night's sleep. I noticed quite early that I had knee hyperextension issues. I did not have any of the calf ridge pressure I have read about. The ridgeline was pretty loose (bends to a 90 degree turn per Brandon's setup video). I thought I had a pretty flat lie with the feet hung higher than the head. I knew some support would help. It was an easy fix. I went in the house and stuffed a sack full of clothes for a knee pillow. The question becomes what do you do on the trail when you don't really have enough extra clothes? In the colder months it might not be a problem, but in the summer I don't have enough extras to fill even a small stuff sacks. Are these Graham pillows durable? Big enough to prop up knees? Reuseable? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hammock
    GT UL Mod
    Tarp
    ZPacks and WB Edge
    Insulation
    Leighlo
    Suspension
    webbing, triglide
    Images
    not for my knee but i use one. I see no reason why this won't work for your knees, and it is super light and surprisingly durable.
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. - C.S. Lewis

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    When I'm camping I often use one for my knees (beneath when on my back & between when on my side).
    I usually put it in an empty stuff sack & add any extra clothes as well. There's often times not enough extra stuff to make a decent knee pillow w/o the air pillow.
    In cold weather it's probably a good idea to put the air pillow inside some kind of extra clothing (shirt, jacket or whatever) then inside a stuff sack. I think the uninsulated air pillow might feel cool, even if it is inside the quilt w/ you. That's a good question to experiment with.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    I use it, and it hasn't given me any trouble. Well, except that you have to hang on to the straw that is used to inflate/deflate the pillow.

Although, if you have a Katadyn filter (I can't speak to other water filters, but I'd assume that as long as they had approximately the same diameter hoses, this will work), you can take the clean water hose off of the filter and use that instead of the straw without puncturing the pillow--which is an issue if you use something harder than that, from what I've read.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    For the most part they have worked fine, but they are considered disposable, & I have had one or two fail me.
    So I usually carry two since they weigh so little & pack so small. Of course if you're just using it for a knee pillow you could probably substitute w/ something else.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    I use it, and it hasn't given me any trouble. Well, except that you have to hang on to the straw that is used to inflate/deflate the pillow.
    You don't really need the straw to inflate or deflate.

To inflate without the straw, we just push the clear plastic entrance to the valve together to get a pucker and then blow. Inflates the pillow just as well as the straw.

To deflate just pick up a real skinny trail stick at least 3 to 4 inches long, insert into the valve to hold the valve open and squeeze the pillow. You could probably use a thin stake also. Takes a little longer than using the straw, but works well. You get better with practice.
    Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

Do not dig your grave with your teeth. (Unknown)

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    When I'm camping I often use one for my knees (beneath when on my back & between when on my side).
    I usually put it in an empty stuff sack & add any extra clothes as well. There's often times not enough extra stuff to make a decent knee pillow w/o the air pillow.
    In cold weather it's probably a good idea to put the air pillow inside some kind of extra clothing (shirt, jacket or whatever) then inside a stuff sack. I think the uninsulated air pillow might feel cool, even if it is inside the quilt w/ you. That's a good question to experiment with.
    Good idea about combining the air pillow and your clothes in the stuff sack. Seems like that would be the easiest way to add volume. Thanks. I will definitely give that a go. I have a couple on order now, along with a JRB torso pad.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    After much searching I finally found what I consider to be an ideal knee pillow but a tad pricey.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=37581
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

• + New Posts