Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

bug netting

I just stopped in at a Army Surplus on the way home,,and he had alot of different but netting in store..so I picked up 10ft x 60" of green super durable bug netting they had on a bolt..cost me 18 bucks,,brought it home,,and washed it on gentle cycle in washing machine, hung it outside for 20 minutes till dry,,very soft and durable now. Weight of it is 12 oz..and when I cut and use it on a Warbonnet Single Traveler,,will cut it to fit and rig it with light weight cord to cover me half way or so,,even lightening it more..just wanted to post this as the possiblities are limitless on rigging a bug net when I need one. may even end up sewing part of it to side and just rigging ties to get it out of the way and just tie at head end of hammock and throw over ridge line..

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Nice find. I wish our surplus stores had half the offerings of yours.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I just took a Skeeter Beater Pro,,turned it over with the built in bug net on the bottom,,layed the but netting over the ridge line the length of the hammock, with sharp scissiors, trimmed the netting down the curve of the hammock leaving 12 inches over hang,,,tied both ends of bug net to whoppie sling tie offs of hammock at each end, then clamped it with 3 little super small paper binder clips on the ridge line to hold the middle of the bug netting,,and nothing will move period, perfect coverage as net is wide enough on sides it won't slide in on you no matter how much movement you do while in hammock..works like a champ..this is my portable bug net for full coverage and total weight including the bag I am keeping it in is only 11 ozs. All for 20 bucks,,and this bug netting is alot more durable than what came on the skeeter beater pro but will work on any hammock designed like it.

Love this idea of portable bug net.

I like the portable idea of a bugnet. Goiing to set my hammock up this weekend after I make a hammock stand and tweeak it and then cut the netting to fit slightly larger with me in the hammock instead of going the full route with zippers or loop and hook tape.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    How wide a piece do you think it would take to drape down far enough ?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    You can buy bug netting as wide as 140" on this website:

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/mosquito-netting-c95.aspx

the netting I got was 60" wide and on the skeeter beater pro..it hung down about 12" and I trimmed it all the way to the ends about 12" up the curves...I hung the hammock outside this after noon in a 8 to 17 mph breeze..and staked the sides down,,and netting never got blown into the hammock,,hung there perfectly,,that is not to say you could tie a small rock in the center of each curve if you had to for weight..or a small fishing lead sinker of sorts...but..so far in this breeze today,,even with me in the hammock,,its stayed there perfectly..next week sometime will get a new hammock,,as I am ordering a Blackbird Traveler and giving the Skeeter Beeter Pro to the wife for a few backpack trips starting in mid Sept. We plan on doing the GSMNP couple of times at least before it snows inbetween the diff hunting seasons.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    You will love the Traveler from Warbonnet. Especially if its the 1.7 weight. 1.7 is the best material from Warbonnet.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Leaning more to it,,I figure the wife will want it when she tries it,,and she is alittle heavier than me..lol,,she lost her job for 6 months, found a new one 3 months ago,,and gained weight when sitting around looking for one,,now she is back on diet, working out, and working,,and loosing weight, but has a long way to go..lol..and I just figure,,she will love it as much as I,,so like I say,,leaning moreso to the 1.7 and will probably order it, but,,in playing with the bug netting,,I am super surprised at how easy it is working out..so simple,,to DIY it and find out its working to perfection on what I want as far as giving me a simple way to attach it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I just saw an enormous surplus bugnet thing @ a local Army-Navy for about $20.
    I wish I had know about it a couple of weeks ago, before I bought a much smaller net to modify for the hammock... Oh well.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I actually put an order in for Papa Smurf for a bug net made of Tulle. He's estimating it will come to around 2.3oz

Small wait period but I'm chained to my desk anyway.

So that will take my 1.1 SL Traveler from 10.5oz (some mods) to about 12.8oz

I'm not a big DIY guy I dont have much free time due to my line of business. <sadness>

He has his DIY instructions on his website:

http://www.mydiygear.com/
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

• + New Posts