Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a

future east coast hangs in the midst?

hey!

Did a quick skim and found most of these awesome hang-to-be's were in middle to far away from where i reside, im not adverse to travelling to hang...cause then its a car trip too!

but i was wondering two things:

first: east coast hang? and what would be good when and all the W's needed to assemble a gathering of likeminded hammockererers.

second: i have land in MD most of its woods, i like going traipsing thru cause well its woods....but theres a HUGE area near me on the potomac river (across from harpers ferry) that is NPS i think thats national park service....um generally whats the skinny on that stuff does it have to be stealth? i always see threw hikers and white water rafterers but i never go up there cause its the govt stuff.......thanks!

Rah
    Last edited by Ears; 07-27-2011 at 12:36. Reason: redid title....didnt wanna get yelled at for being borderline innapropriate
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HammockGear Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps n' Slings
    Hey I live in the DC area and tend to do a lot of my camping in Maryland. All the national parks have similar rules, but they can vary from park to park. Most have a website you can search for pretty easily to find out specifics. But, Maryland tends to be pretty relaxed as far as hiking/camping goes. Some places will ban open fires depending on drought conditions though. I think you are supposed to get the National Park Passport or whatever each year, but the few times i have seen a park ranger they only asked us if we were hunting and when we said no they just chatted for a while and left us alone.

I would say be careful during hunting seasons in Maryland and Pennsylvania if you go up that far. These people around here are SERIOUS about hunting and during a slow year will shoot pretty much anything that moves. I always wear a couple pieces of orange and put a large orange piece of cloth on my tarp so I don't get mistaken for a deer.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Fall MAHHA is a weekend hang in MD. Not to sure where it's at in MD. But if it's anything like the Spring MAHHA that was in PA then you should try to make that. I believe it's in northern MD close to the AT.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a
    im definitely down for that. sweet. i woulld try to compose a get together, but two things are stoppings me....one.....until it arrives (and im told its on its way....OH BOY!) i only have a tent....and that would be weird.

second i dont know much about the area as ive only been back stateside for about 2 years and been moving around way to much now im in WV college along the patomic........ i really wanna see if theres something like the toepath along the patomic but more secluded and less trailish....
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    WOW an East Coast Hang....... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Ears,
    As I believe someone mentioned in another thread, MAHHA is held at Gathland State Park near Burkettsville, not more than 15 minutes from you.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34884

• + New Posts