Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Looks sweet! You live in a beautiful part of the country. I enjoyed the views. Thanks

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrichm View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous! It's reports like this that make me want to drop everything and move out west. I am green with envy! Thanks for the great report! I look forward to future ones.
    Thanks, next trip report might be in a few weeks. Hoping to get south of here a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBB View Post
    haha its posts like this that make me want to move east-- well just a little bit east... Would love to spend a summer in idaho..

Paul-- what was your pack weight.. Im looking to get into packing tubes and gear in and am worried that my weight is going to get up there..

We both figured our packs were probably close to 50 pounds I'm not going to lie, that much weight in a pack sucks and was a real good reminder of the old days and why we go much lighter now. But fishing from the tube could not be beat. To that thought, tube is good for going into one lake and staying for a few days, and best if the lake can't be effectively fished from shore. If I were to do this lake again it would have to be a 4 day trip to make the effort of getting the tube in more worth it. We were both pretty beat up after the hike out and Muse had back to back tripped with his 45 miles in Escalante then drove up here to do this...made for a long week off of work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by foureyedgeek View Post
    Man what a beautiful area. Great looking fish too!
    Thanks, there are more in the lake that have yet to be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Looks like you had a great trip. Wish I could have been there. You took some beautiful pictures.

Keith
    It was a lot of fun! Hope to get down your way soon and get some pics and fish from your lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    Looks sweet! You live in a beautiful part of the country. I enjoyed the views. Thanks
    Thanks Oms, There are miles and miles of trails and lakes to explore.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Any recommended tubes or waders?

Hey thanks for the report, Paul! I'm trying to get some time in September to do some fishing, perhaps up in Idaho.
    Now that I have my basic Tenkara set up, I've been looking at what is available in the area of waders and tubes. I am still in the information gathering phase. If AHE were to offer fairly lightweight versions of either of these products through your Tenkara website, I think you would get some bites.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    ... I've been looking at what is available in the area of waders and tubes. I am still in the information gathering phase...
    dblhmmck,
    Float Tube - I would look at the Creek Company float tube. Fins and tube are right around 6lbs. It is the lightest I have found and it is easy to get in and out of. The fins pack flat and are plastic instead of rubber. (That is the tube I packed in.)

Waders - I think the Dan Bailey Barebones waders are light and strong enough to cover what you need. For the boots I would just get a pair of neoprene socks and put shoe goo on the bottom of them rather than pack in a pair of boots. It is cheaper and lighter. (I packed in William Joseph Drynamic waders and Chota neo boots because that is what was in my truck at the time.)

Hope this gives you some info to get started...
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

The tube that musejr posted is on sale right now at cabelas ..Even cheaper at o.co... Hope that helps

Hey muse--- how about the odc 420 tube? Have you seen those around... They are onsale at O.co for 199..
    Last edited by SoCalBB; 08-06-2011 at 16:32.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBB View Post
    Hey muse--- how about the odc 420 tube? Have you seen those around... They are onsale at O.co for 199..
    The ODC 420 is a better boat because it has an inflatable seat. It is made to rival the fat cat or super fat cat which is a very popular boat from Outcast. They also offer more storage but it is not really necessary for packing in to the backcountry because you will not be taking an ice chest, or will you???

Since we are totally side tracked for this thread my preferred float tube is a North Fork Outdoors Outlaw Escape... It is a nice small boat that can float class III water if you are so inclined. I attached a pic of mine loaded and ready to go to work.

If you would like more info shoot me a PM...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MuseJr; 08-06-2011 at 21:53.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123