Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Good story on making lemonade from lemons. I take it that it wasn't feasible to have the fuel pump fixed at your first night stop?

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Baby Orca IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Bigger Story

Awesome story (and attitude, might I add--no problems, just potential solutions). Kudos to both you and your son!
    Thanks, Timab...luka. What I related was a thumbnail sketch of events from a hammocking perspective. What made the story remarkable was the way in which the kindness of strangers was displayed - we did discover them to be fellow Christian believers. They went far beyond what we reasonably expected for a mere auto repair, inviting us into their home, feeding us (no small feat for our crew), even offering us the use of their pickup for continuing our trip. Later, he even delivered our rig to the car rental point in Amarillo - 60 miles away - to make things easier for us on our return leg!

That's the kind of hospitality and generosity I hope I'm able to bring to someone in need someday.
    ol' daddy

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Baby Orca IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    There was a lot of WANT TO along with some good attitudes on that trip. Great story.
    So true...my wife was very determined to get to our final destination. Had we waited in Clarendon, TX for the repair, we would have lost 2-3 days of our vacation, and had a lot of grumpy family members! As it turned out, we lost just a few hours.
    ol' daddy

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 3
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by ol' daddy View Post
    Thanks, Timab...luka. What I related was a thumbnail sketch of events from a hammocking perspective. What made the story remarkable was the way in which the kindness of strangers was displayed - we did discover them to be fellow Christian believers. They went far beyond what we reasonably expected for a mere auto repair, inviting us into their home, feeding us (no small feat for our crew), even offering us the use of their pickup for continuing our trip. Later, he even delivered our rig to the car rental point in Amarillo - 60 miles away - to make things easier for us on our return leg!

That's the kind of hospitality and generosity I hope I'm able to bring to someone in need someday.
    That was awesome of them. Too much of the time we have to go thru the toughest of times to see the best of people. I think people are put in our paths (and vice versa) just for that purpose.

BTW, I can't imagine the look on your wifes face when you said "hold on honey, I have to take pictures of this so I can post them on the forum!"
    Tim
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12