Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    I sleep in a WBBB. I'm a side sleeper, and I toss and turn a lot.

I had the Warbonnet UQ, and I liked it, but I toss so much that I kept bumping it off to the side.

I ordered a Winter Incubator, and it's solved all my problems.

Granted, a Winter Mamba and Winter Incubator, while awesome gear, take up a lot of space, and empty out your wallet. LOL

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Big Mambajamba
    Images
    Totally makes sense! (How could I ever doubt him!!)
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    ...............or messing with another pad that will wiggle around.
    Place the thermarest seat that you have, barely inflated inside the foot area of your bag instead of outside of the bag. Try that and see how it works for you.

You know I don't have a full length UQ but you are more than welcome to borrow my 3 season Yeti. That should give you a good idea whether you really need a full length or not. That is unless you've already tried a small UQ but still can't decide which one to get. Anyway, PM me if you want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    .............I had the Warbonnet UQ, and I liked it, but I toss so much that I kept bumping it off to the side.
    I too move around a whole bunch and it kept doing that to me also. However, I solved the problem by using a #1 s-biner. After hanging the head and foot end of the Yeti on the BB as usual I then clip the left side of the headend shockcord to the line on the BB pull-out. Now it stays put no matter how much I shift around.

KP

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock

Underquilt

I have a WBBB, and am very happy with a 3S full length incubator, my feet tend to get cold, so full length works best for me.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have a Mt Washington 3 from JRB. Awesome piece of kit.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    i'm a full length synthetic UQ user. i have had no gap issues with my WL UQ. it hugs the foot box perfectly.
    i posted a thread a while back with some pix.
    i have not had the opportunity to use it in cold weather yet, but i have full confidence it will perform very well.
    WL also makes goose down UQs as well. check'em out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big Mambajamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    May I suggest the Hammock Gear 3 season or Winter Incubator. I have several quilts from Adam over at hammockgear.com and the quality and workmanship is top notch. I have a 3 season incubator and it fits my WBBB with no problem. Keeps me nice and toasty. Check my gallery for pictures. I have easily gone down into the 20 with my 3 season set's and single digits with my winter set all from Hammock Gear. All the vendors make great products here on HF but Hammock Gear is my go to for quilts. Just my 2 cents.

edit: oohh and I forgot to add if the yeti is to short for you liking and the full is to long check out the Phoenix 3/4. Its longer then the yeti but not as long as a full. The Phoenix is my go to quilt in all seasons. I prefer it over a full length cause I carry an emergency sleep pad any ways, which I also use as a sit pad.
    Photos are great, very helpful to see exactly how it fits your Warbonnet. Thanks so much for the response
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~John Muir

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big Mambajamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    I sleep in a WBBB. I'm a side sleeper, and I toss and turn a lot.

I had the Warbonnet UQ, and I liked it, but I toss so much that I kept bumping it off to the side.

I ordered a Winter Incubator, and it's solved all my problems.

Granted, a Winter Mamba and Winter Incubator, while awesome gear, take up a lot of space, and empty out your wallet. LOL
    I am a wiggler too, this is helpful info. And the part about wallet is TRUE!!

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I use a 3-season Phoenix and I really like it. There are few times with being vertically challenged is good, but this is one of them. My Phoenix is darn near full length. With temps 60 and up, I don't use anything under my feet; below that, I use either a 1/4 Thinlight pad or a 3/8 inch Thin light pad, depending on the expected temps, and whether I might need a ground set up or not (3/8 inch is what I use then, not a lot of comfort, but good insultation

I forgot, it fits my Blackbird very well and wraps up around me nicely.
    Last edited by Country Roads; 07-31-2011 at 19:07. Reason: Add additional stuff

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big Mambajamba
    Images

I MADE my decision!!

Just placed my order for the 3 season full length incubator!! I appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. (I am constantly amazed at this resource for something that a year ago I would never even have thought of!) It finally came down to if I can only have one underquilt this one met most of my needs.

I am so excited to have the final piece to my hammock nest. Now like the rest of you if we could get a break from the beastly heat. (Although it is cooler hanging than laying on the ground...)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast