WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings

Super Fly Tarp lines ?

For those of you who use a WB Super Fly, what kind of line did you purchase and how much. Best I can tell, there are a total of 12 tieouts you can use. Not sure if you need to use them all tho.

thanks for any help

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    For all of my edge tieouts, including the doors, I use 8 ft zing-it tie outs with self-tensioners and camlocks. For the panel pulls I use 8 ft lengths of shock cord.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Do you keep your lines, tied to your tarp and what kind of line locks can be used on the zing it line, I am really new to this.......thanks

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    BA insul air pad
    Suspension
    webbing
    I just got my WBBB and superfly 6 weeks ago. Yes, there are 12 tie out points plus the 2 on the ridge line. I have used my hammock and tarp 5 times now.

The obvious ones that you need to use are the two on the ridgeline, and then I would suggest the four corners .

You do not need to tie the 4 door spots down to stakes, but I would suggest doing something with them to keep them from flapping in the wind. If it is windy and cold tie them to the ground or to the opposite corner like on brandon's video. If you want them out of the way tie them together across the length of the tarp, but on the inside. One of the pictures on the warbonnet website has this shown though it is not clear because the picture is from the outside of the tarp.

As far as the last four tie out points go, they are on the sides of the tarp about 1/3 of the way from the sides. I would only bother with these if it was raining or windy. Some of Shugs videos show how you can use these as does brandon's setup video for the superfly, but his video seems to be for an older model with removable doors though this should not affect the topic of these side tieouts.

After a few outings I have swapped the line that I use to tie the tarp down with. I started with 50 ft of orange cord from rei. It worked well, but it was too bulky. I then tried braided masons line from homedepot, which has no bulk. If you get this be sure to get braided not twisted. The masons line does tangle so storing it can be an issue. Now I am using masons line for all 12 tiedowns but the ridgeline. For that I bought a tarp ridgeline setup from arrowhead equipment, which I have yet to try in the field.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    order yourself some Zing-it from Dutch ware along with a set of Dutch Flyz
    it's the best way to setup a tarp hands down
    Flyz are half the size of anything out there and can be adjusted one handed unlike the others out there...
    there also made out of Ti... so there 200% stronger the Aluminum and will never rust
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Quote Originally Posted by zelein View Post
    I just got my WBBB and superfly 6 weeks ago. Yes, there are 12 tie out points plus the 2 on the ridge line. I have used my hammock and tarp 5 times now.

The obvious ones that you need to use are the two on the ridgeline, and then I would suggest the four corners .

You do not need to tie the 4 door spots down to stakes, but I would suggest doing something with them to keep them from flapping in the wind. If it is windy and cold tie them to the ground or to the opposite corner like on brandon's video. If you want them out of the way tie them together across the length of the tarp, but on the inside. One of the pictures on the warbonnet website has this shown though it is not clear because the picture is from the outside of the tarp.

As far as the last four tie out points go, they are on the sides of the tarp about 1/3 of the way from the sides. I would only bother with these if it was raining or windy. Some of Shugs videos show how you can use these as does brandon's setup video for the superfly, but his video seems to be for an older model with removable doors though this should not affect the topic of these side tieouts.

After a few outings I have swapped the line that I use to tie the tarp down with. I started with 50 ft of orange cord from rei. It worked well, but it was too bulky. I then tried braided masons line from homedepot, which has no bulk. If you get this be sure to get braided not twisted. The masons line does tangle so storing it can be an issue. Now I am using masons line for all 12 tiedowns but the ridgeline. For that I bought a tarp ridgeline setup from arrowhead equipment, which I have yet to try in the field.
    +1 I tried the rei stuff then dynaglide now zingit.

Hammock
    WB 1.1DBL, Eno DBL
    Tarp
    WB Super or Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoooooopy!
    I bought a Superfly recently and am still worker on all the lines. Here is my best kit yet:
    #1 30' continuous ridge-line of Zing-It 1.7mm with Dutch Tarp Flyz on one side a the Dutch Hook on the other side.
    - Found here: http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutch-flyz/
    - 30' length is due to big Oregon trees. 25' is standard in most areas.
    #2 Tarp is connected to ridge-line with prussic soft shackels.
    #3 Four edges / corners have mini Line-Locs on continuous loops of Zing-It with 8' of Zing-It as guy outs with small loops at ends for tent pags.
    - Line-Locs found here: http://hammockforumsstore.webs.com/a...s/show/1473737
    - 8' is too long in my tests, but the tarp is new and I am still playing with it, I think 6' or less will work, but do not have a clear length yet, so I am starting long.
    #4 The doors have Niteize reflective rope but I am going to add in a length of shock cord and a mitten clip on each end.
    - Found here: http://www.niteize.com/products/reflective-rope
    - I may switch to Zing-It on the doors and will update when I know for sure. I may do a video on this.
    #5 For the pull outs, I currently have shock cord tied between the two that pulls out to a hiking stick then a 12' line of Zing-It.
    - The pull outs may also change to Zing-It, this is a wok in progress.

I am still testing and hope to put out a video on this soon.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Thanks for all the replies. Eric, I would love to see you make a video of this. It would sure help all the newbies like me. I finally ordered a 100 foot of line and will make my tie outs but sure sounds like you have a good idea with yours. Please post pics or video when u get a chance. Would love to see it in detail.

thanks to everyone

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
    Do you keep your lines, tied to your tarp and what kind of line locks can be used on the zing it line, I am really new to this.......thanks
    Yes, I keep my lines tied to the tarp.

I use mini camlocks for my Zing-it line.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat
    I use a single ridgeline from whoopie slings and JRB STL for the corners. I also use shock cord for the pull outs.

• + New Posts