All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    it is refreshing to see some hennessy guys talking up now. I can truly say that I like my hennessy more and like they said I even compared it with a shorter expedition to a longer 1.0 double. I dont know, I just dont like the lay as much. I wish someone could say that you dont have to own a blackbird in everythread. because there really are sooooo many hammocks out there. some love enos, some bridges, some clarks, some hennessy, some claytor, and on and on. the best way period is to see them in person.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Thanks to thejennabird and ChrisH both for the useful info.

A small correction;
    "The HH is manufactured overseas I believe, while the BB is manufactured by hand here in the US by a HF member. "

I see on the HH website that their hammocks are
    "Made in USA and Assembled in Canada."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    it is refreshing to see some hennessy guys talking up now. I can truly say that I like my hennessy more and like they said I even compared it with a shorter expedition to a longer 1.0 double. I dont know, I just dont like the lay as much. I wish someone could say that you dont have to own a blackbird in everythread. because there really are sooooo many hammocks out there. some love enos, some bridges, some clarks, some hennessy, some claytor, and on and on. the best way period is to see them in person.
    Roger that. I have at least one version of most of those, and they all have their pros and cons and are all quite usable. I have said for a LONG time now that, that while my WBBB has some features that I really like, I considered my HH Explorer UL about as comfortable. Actually, it is more comfortable in some positions and less so in others. And probably the DJ XL is just barely more comfortable than the Explorer UL, and the Safari is more comfy than all of them, just IMO.

If that is not enough, the Claytor No Net is probably only barely below the Safari in comfort ( again, IMHO), But even with 2 layers, it weighs less than the Safari and is the worlds best hammock ( ) to use with a Speer PeaPod, if you like that approach.

If the JRB Bridge was just a little more open in the shoulders and allowed just a bit more fetal, it would beat all of them. It is consistently more comfortable- for me- in the legs for back sleeping and in the waist for side sleepin- than any other hammock I have tried except the Grizz Bridge, which is not commercially available. But due to more shoulder room and very good leg/waist comfort, the Safari is very close to the JRB in overall comfort, and has no spreader bar/tarp issues. In general, I would say that the non-bridge designs rule for shoulder room/comfort, while the bridge - while being "OK" for me in the shoulders- rules for waist and leg comfort.

Bottom line, there are more than a few very good hammocks to choose from, but individual preference will vary. Just like with a pair of shoes. I think you can be quite happy with either a WBBB or HH Explorer UL or DJ XL. Enjoy hanging with which ever one you settle on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Thanks to thejennabird and ChrisH both for the useful info.

A small correction;
    "The HH is manufactured overseas I believe, while the BB is manufactured by hand here in the US by a HF member. "

I see on the HH website that their hammocks are
    "Made in USA and Assembled in Canada."
    They were made USA/CAN a few years ago. But I think I have seen some "made in China" on some of my HH stuff in recent years.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 07-19-2011 at 23:46.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    exactly. tons of choices out there. I mean billybob has had me thinkin about a claytor for awhile now
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Images
    chris, thanks for speaking for me and all, but just to clarify:

what i've said in the past is that the footbox doesn't change the lay of the hammock "compared to my traveler" obviously different hammocks will have different feel/lay. if comparing to a hennessy, you could compare the location of the BB footbox (at your feet) to the location of the hh tieout (closer to your knee) so there is a difference in leg room there. when laying in a no-net hammock, the thing farthest off to the side is your feet, so it stands to reason that the hammock should be pulled the widest there (at your feet) which is why i feel like that's the best location for a footbox or tieout. that was one area that i've always felt like was an improvement, having the side corners of the hammock at shoulder and feet, rather than elbow and knee giving more distance between those two points.

i wouldn't call the hh bottom entrance "traditional". i didn't invent the zipper nor the side entrance hammock, those both came long before HH and WB, and i think it's safe to say that getting into a hammock by sitting on the edge of it and then laying down is the traditional method of getting in.

you say that in regard to weight, the hh is slimmer than the BB. this is also not true. if you calculate the weight of the hyperlight plus the tarp, and then add the weight of the tree straps (which aren't included in the hh weight spec) and compare that to the single 1.1 bb plus asym diamond tarp, you'll find that the bb is slightly lighter. if you compare the deep jungle plus tree straps and diamond fly to the double 1.1 blackbird and asym diamond fly, the dl1.1 is several ounces lighter.

you say: "take advice here from people who have actually experienced it", we'll, i count 6 folks in this thread thus far that have mentioned having had both hh and bb before sharing their preferences, so i'm not sure i see your point. you don't seem to have a problem pointing out all the reasons you favor the hh over my product, yet you seem to get upset when someone does the same thing in favor of the bb.

Images
    You have to love these Hennessy / Warbonnet discussions.

Coke / Pepsi

Paper / Plastic

Beatles / Rolling Stones

Perhaps West Side Story could be remade for hangers?

Both are excellent products and I hope to have one of every make and model.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    chris, thanks for speaking for me and all, but just to clarify:

what i've said in the past is that the footbox doesn't change the lay of the hammock "compared to my traveler"

Ahhh, so I read it wrong I guess. I'll find the thread a read it again, sorry to misquote you.

and i think it's safe to say that getting into a hammock by sitting on the edge of it and then laying down is the traditional method of getting in.

That's a very good point!

you say that in regard to weight, the hh is slimmer than the BB. this is also not true. if you calculate the weight of the hyperlight plus the tarp, and then add the weight of the tree straps (which aren't included in the hh weight spec) and compare that to the single 1.1 bb plus asym diamond tarp, you'll find that the bb is slightly lighter. if you compare the deep jungle plus tree straps and diamond fly to the double 1.1 blackbird and asym diamond fly, the dl1.1 is several ounces lighter.

I said the DJ is heavy compared to the WBB, read it again. That's not what I meant by slimmer. I meant the HH is not as wide as a WBB. I also said the HH, depending on the model, is longer than the WBB. I'm talking total length here.

you say: "take advice here from people who have actually experienced it", we'll, i count 6 folks in this thread thus far that have mentioned having had both hh and bb before sharing their preferences, so i'm not sure i see your point. you don't seem to have a problem pointing out all the reasons you favor the hh over my product, yet you seem to get upset when someone does the same thing in favor of the bb.
    My point was that she had read about all these things and not experienced them so you shouldn't take advice from her. I also said to experience a few different hammocks side by side and then make your own choice. What upsets me is the people who have tried a smaller model HH or an old bottom entry hammock and then say that all HH's are uncomfortable compared to a WBB. That's just not fair, in my opinion. At least try something comparable and then cast your vote.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Hennessey Ultralite
    Tarp
    stock
    I have read through the likes & dislikes of both and appreciate the vast knowledge with intricate details and such .... the only answer is I must simply one day stockpile my garage with both .
    " Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    oh my god how did I miss this thread.....I guess I was all wrapped in giving hugs to my Hennessy..
    For crying out loud......I read the first 2 pages and had to go wipe off the War Bonnet.
    slobber......
    I am sure it is a good hammock and all and probably even takes out the trash.....
    I think it is the extreme public display of affection from the groupies that makes me keep my Hennessys close to me....jus pok'en fun.......+

sorta
    H
    O
    G
    Hennessy Owners Group S.Texas Chapter
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    oh my god how did I miss this thread.....I guess I was all wrapped in giving hugs to my Hennessy..
    For crying out loud......I read the first 2 pages and had to go wipe off the War Bonnet.
    slobber......
    I am sure it is a good hammock and all and probably even takes out the trash.....
    I think it is the extreme public display of affection from the groupies that makes me keep my Hennessys close to me....jus pok'en fun.......+

sorta
    H
    O
    G
    Hennessy Owners Group S.Texas Chapter
    dang brother when do we get out invites to HOG

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast