Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images

West Rim Yoyo.... Gimp version

I got back from my part of the West Rim yoyo about 12:30 pm. Sweetbabyd left my place to drive back to hers about 1:00 after a complete tour of our new house and the exchange of war stories about old houses.

We had a good time. At least as near as I can tell. A tire was going soft on the way home so we needed to stop periodically to fill it back up.

We were met at Bradley Wales by the two intrepid hikers making their way south, soon joined by Pro Vagabond and pretty much spread out to occupy the whole vista area of the trail. Gorgeous view and nice stiff breeze to keep the bugs away. It don't get better than that.

In the morning sweetbabyd and I set out to "do the sights" which included a couple of State parks and some solo hiking time for SBD. Then I set her out on the Rail Trail for a bicycle ride whilst I drove around to make sure plans got totally messed up.

From what I understand the 20 mile ride turned into 46 or something like that when she lost a hiking pole off her bike. (Why she had her trekking poles on her bike I don't know... but she had to go back and look for it) She did recover it. Then she decided she had not had enough riding and zipped past our meeting place a few times before she decided to stop.

The three hikers and two gimps spent the night roasting marshmallows and snoring for each other's amusement.

The thirty miles did take its toll one of the hikers who snagged a ride back to the mid point of the trail to finish the hike tomorrow with a zero for today.

Highly successful and a good time was had by all.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Great report Rev, funny stuff.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    Thanks for the report. Wondered how it went as I thought about you folks, was watching the weather etc. Warm days and cool nights just right.

I was entertaining the idea of driving over after work just to meet the gang. I work in Coudersport so part way there. Not to big of a drive just to stop in for the evening and say hi. But just to many things on the schedule.
    http://www.stc-hike.org/ Susquehannock Trail Club web site - PA STS trail info

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I got back from my part of the West Rim yoyo about 12:30 pm. Sweetbabyd left my place to drive back to hers about 1:00 after a complete tour of our new house and the exchange of war stories about old houses.

We had a good time. At least as near as I can tell. A tire was going soft on the way home so we needed to stop periodically to fill it back up.

We were met at Bradley Wales by the two intrepid hikers making their way south, soon joined by Pro Vagabond and pretty much spread out to occupy the whole vista area of the trail. Gorgeous view and nice stiff breeze to keep the bugs away. It don't get better than that.

In the morning sweetbabyd and I set out to "do the sights" which included a couple of State parks and some solo hiking time for SBD. Then I set her out on the Rail Trail for a bicycle ride whilst I drove around to make sure plans got totally messed up.

From what I understand the 20 mile ride turned into 46 or something like that when she lost a hiking pole off her bike. (Why she had her trekking poles on her bike I don't know... but she had to go back and look for it) She did recover it. Then she decided she had not had enough riding and zipped past our meeting place a few times before she decided to stop.

The three hikers and two gimps spent the night roasting marshmallows and snoring for each other's amusement.

The thirty miles did take its toll one of the hikers who snagged a ride back to the mid point of the trail to finish the hike tomorrow with a zero for today.

Highly successful and a good time was had by all.
    Perfect report! could not have said it better... this trip would not had been possible for me had it not been for the altruistic efforts by our dear Rev! i had originally planned on hiking but broke my foot a month ago so steady mileage was out of the question. Rev said. "c'mon up anyway!"
    me n' Rev made like tourists and i loved it! he set me off on a bike tour (covered signage made for an extra 27 miles of bikey-goodness) and we camped with MML (whom i've had the pleasure of camping with before) Deucalion, Pro Vagabond (Pro V to his chums) and Ramblin' Rev for two nights. later we met up with Cranky Bear and Lazy River Road and his wonderful dog, Stella Blue. she is an Australian Cattle dog and i adored her! Rev and i came home on friday while the team hiked on...thank you all for your wonderful companionship and stellar personalities. i have met the most genuinely nice people thru Hammock Forums...thanks again friends!

some pics:
    http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/r...2014th%202011/
    Last edited by sweetbabyd; 07-19-2011 at 07:01. Reason: added pictures
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

• + New Posts