WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I have Mod #2 and there's nothing about it that I don't like! All the benefits that 2Q mentions. I find that during the day, I usually zip it all the way open and tie the net out of the way and use the hammock for seating.

At night I usually put the net up. Keeps out bugs or mist if its really raining hard.

Hammock
    HH with ZQ mod
    Tarp
    MacCat Del w/doors
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    #2 mod is the best thing you can do to a HH to make it user friendly.
    Last edited by Little Weasel; 07-22-2008 at 16:21.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    FYI on HH mods...

My ZQ (Zipper Queen) wife is back behind the sewing machine wheel. The mod #3 looks real good. Just shipped out Trailale's hammock today and hopefully he will post an evaluation of this new mod.

ZQ has a couple more to do and she's all caught up. If you've been considering a HH mod, now is a good time to get em' done.

Which side, by those who have done this mod?

Hello everyone, been lurking on here off and on for a while. I must say that without this site and the information on here I would still be in the dark.

I'm doing mod#2. I would like to hear which side everyone has put the full length zipper on and why. Would you have changed it now that you have used it?

After asking Tim his thoughts, I'm leaning towards the full zipper on the right side. He explained that this would put the netting on the lower left side when unzipped and rolled up. This seems like the best way since the majority od unused space is on the lower left side. He did mention that most of the mods they had done had been for left sided full zippers.

Anybody have any good arguments?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
    I would like to hear which side everyone has put the full length zipper on and why. Would you have changed it now that you have used it?
    I chose to have mine done on the left side (when laying on my back). In an HH Asym the shoulder tie-out is located at your left side which makes the hammock a little lower on the left side than the right. It just "feels" more natural to exit on the side I'm most likely looking out of.

In the end, its just a matter of personal preference. Regardless, I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the results that 2Q and his wife produce. Its truly an awesome job that literally kept me from selling my HH.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    FYI on HH mods...

My ZQ (Zipper Queen) wife is back behind the sewing machine wheel. The mod #3 looks real good. Just shipped out Trailale's hammock today and hopefully he will post an evaluation of this new mod.

ZQ has a couple more to do and she's all caught up. If you've been considering a HH mod, now is a good time to get em' done.
    what is mod-3. i like mod 2 right now

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    KK
    Mod 3 is another zipper mod where a full length zipper is installed on one side only. It comes with two zipper pulls beginning at each end of the hammock that when closed come together in the center. I should have pictures up in a week. We have two Mod 3's to do this week.
    2Q

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
    I would like to hear which side everyone has put the full length zipper on and why. Brandon
    I think it's like BurningCedar said. Personal preference. I put my long zipper on the left side so the bug netting with half zip ties on the right side.

I usually sleep on my back in my hammock, but sometimes on my left side so this is the side I usually exit from. Bug netting is tied on the right side out of the way when getting out on left side.

I do see the logic of tieing bug netting on the left side because my feet do go to the right side when laying at an angle. That's a very good point.

So again I think it's personal preference.

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Homemade Quilts
    I sure could of used this mod after spending nearly 4 weeks in my HH on the AT in May. With Mod #3 you can just flip the netting over the ridgeline and use it like a chair, Correct? The main difference between Mod 2 & 3 is that the netting is still attached to one side, versus being able to shove it down one side towards your feet with Mod #2. Is this correct? Thanks...

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eyewall View Post
    I With Mod #3 you can just flip the netting over the ridgeline and use it like a chair, Correct? The main difference between Mod 2 & 3 is that the netting is still attached to one side, versus being able to shove it down one side towards your feet with Mod #2. Is this correct? Thanks...
    With Mod #2 (one long zipper, one half zip), you can also make your hammock into great chair. Unzip long zipper and half zipper, flip netting over the ridgeline and tie netting off to bottom half/side of hammock with 3 ties. Mod #2 gets netting completely out of way for hammock chair. Another reason I like this mod so much.

Mod #2 you can also unzip on both sides of hammock to reach out on either side.

HC

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast