Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    any of the single tarp crosses sent out along with tarp keys are really only good for a quick release on the WB bug net. the first prototypes of the cross proved to be too small and cumbersome with any size line. the larger crosses which were shown in the video are larger all around.

hope you enjoy them and i appreciate the feedback
    I will enjoy them. I will have to install the cross on my WBBB. That is a good idea.
    Keep up the good work and producing innovative products to make all our lives above ground so very comfortable!

Hammock
    wbbb 1.7 dbl /traveler 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    camo superfly/ BMJ
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies

tarp keys

I got my tarp keys this past week, thanks bloomgorge!
    First impression "nautical". They look like an anchor to me more than a key. As a locksmith by trade that is my humble opinion. Second impression "light" very light!
    Very easy to attach to the ridgeline. Also very easy to adjust along the ridgeline.
    I watched the video bloomgorge posted to make sure I ran the line correctly.
    I took me a couple of runs to get the knot right but after that it was a snap.
    To sum it up, it is possible to get a very tight ridgeline useing the "tarp keys".

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would love to try them, but I don't yet have a hammock and would rather those that do get a chance to do so. Maybe by the time I get to hangin', I'll be able to get a set.

Cool design.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    webbing straps

tarp key review

First, thanks to Bloomgorge for sending the tarp keys along.
    The keys are light, and its easy to achieve a taut line. Initially I was a bit put off by the video as it looked pretty complicated. However, in actual practice, it's quite intuitive.
    Best feature is the ease to position the key anywhere you need it on the ridge line. They just float to where you need them. As I said, wrapping them to lock in place is intuitive. No problem. Takes a few practice wraps to secure the line, but once you've been through it a few times- no problem.
    I'm going to install them on my BMJ ridgelines.
    Greta ne wpiece of kit. Thanks again Bloomgorge.

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkx01 View Post
    First, thanks to Bloomgorge for sending the tarp keys along.
    The keys are light, and its easy to achieve a taut line. Initially I was a bit put off by the video as it looked pretty complicated. However, in actual practice, it's quite intuitive.
    Best feature is the ease to position the key anywhere you need it on the ridge line. They just float to where you need them. As I said, wrapping them to lock in place is intuitive. No problem. Takes a few practice wraps to secure the line, but once you've been through it a few times- no problem.
    I'm going to install them on my BMJ ridgelines.
    Greta ne wpiece of kit. Thanks again Bloomgorge.
    hey anytime,...i'm glad people are liking them. i appreciate the support and kind words. now...i just need to find time to get out, it's been a rough 2 months.
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

Hammock
    SBP
    Tarp
    Ewotah 10x10
    Insulation
    USGI Woobie
    Suspension
    JRB
    I love my elephant trunks! I need these for a matching set!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Okay off topic, but I had to comment on that avatar Adams3. ROFL!!!! That is awesome. Nice pic Adamsw3. BTW review coming up as promised. Been so busy these passed few days. Its coming though.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    12'x12'
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Strps cinch buckle
    We are leaving Friday to go camping for the weekend. I'm crossing my fingers they will show before we leave.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I apologize for such a delay in my review. I am also sorry for resurrecting an older thread. But I promised Bloomgorge I would do a review of the Tarp Key for him, and here it is!

I got the envelope in the mail and ripped it open. My first impression was wow, these look like mini anchors for legos or something. Then my mind said hey, this might be able to open up a bottle of beer! But I wouldn't try that in fear of breaking the key lol.

Anyways my first set up I didn't have the key wrapped around correctly, but second try, it went perfect. It is really hard to screw it up or not be able to heuristically problem solve the "puzzle". The key is extremely easy to set up. Adjusting is incredibly easy. The weight is next to nothing. I am thoroughly pleased with this product. I use two lines to set up my tarp. Both lines are set up where I have a bowline at one end of the line using Zing It. I hooked that up through the loop on the tarp and pulled the line through. Then put the line through the tarp key hole. I made a knot at the other end so I will never loose the tarp key. Perfect! Thanks again Bloomgorge! You hit a winner here.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Here is a video thank you. Once I can get them to the field I will gove a more detailed review.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast