WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

cuben tube tent/hammock combo idea

Just an idea for ultralight hangers, a cuben tarp, attached to the hammock ridgeline, hanging just below the hammock's sides, but attached to those sides using velcro. That would allow side entry.

A cross section of the weatherproof envelope would be somewhat like a cuben tube tent of small dimensions with a short overhanging skirt of tarp. Note that a cuben hammock does not need a weather shield if the insulation is on the inside, so no need for distance from the tarp edge to avoid splatter. Use would be for thru-hiker types who do not spend much time in camp.

With the smaller dimensions, this would make good use of the expensive cuben. Perhaps this is a HH clone without the bottom entry

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    the problem with this like i said on another thread is cuben does not breathe well... so inclosing yourself would make it very stuffy and condensation would become a problem ....
    i think this was also tried if i remember and they didn't have any luck with it...
    i know with sil you would have a problem with water seeping thru the fabric i don't see cuben having this problem but still don't see it working out
    maybe something like a HH but with netting linking the 2 and bottom entry but they it would be just like a clark or the eureka hammock thats out there..
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts