Thread: summer camp

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Stock for now
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

summer camp

I spent the past week at scout camp with my son. I took the hammock for a wonderful weeks sleep. I have whoopie slings on my HH and have had success just using a stick off the ground for the marlin spike. Apparently I didn't verify the stick I used at the head of the hammock very well. Around 2 am on the third night I awoke from a dead sleep with a pain in my back and realized that the floor of the hammock was hard, very hard. When I finally gained all of my senses I realized that I must have fallen. I rolled out of the hammock onto the ground and found that the marlin spike was completely gone with no evidence that it was ever there. I retied the marlin spike with another stick, all I could find at 2 am and still catching my breath, and climbed back in. I made it the rest of the week with using the sticks but have decided to move on to something more sturdy.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Funny....glad your not bitter!
    Make sure the hammock suspension is on the knot and not on the toggle for a plummet-free sleep.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Stock for now
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    There were 4 other leaders in close proximity and no one woke up. The next morning I asked if anyone felt the seismic event that we had that morning. Everyone thought there had been an earthquake during the night until I told the story. One story I'm sure to remember for a while.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Homemade Nylon
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I was using my Hammock for the first time at outdoor leaders training in April and I rolled right out the side and slammed into the ground. The next morning someone asked who was making all the noise and cursing at 2am. I had to confess to falling out. It was a good laugh over breakfast. Will be taking it to summer camp in a week.

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    I just got back from a week Goshen in VA (NCAC). I spent the entire week in my WBBB. That was the first I had it out, other than a quick test in the back yard. It was the most comfortable I have been outdoors. I am even having trouble adjusting to my bed now. It has been 2 nights and I still wake up sore (side sleeper). Make sure you hang away from trails, there was a recent post (can't remember who) by a member that had some additional ventilation added to his tarp by a young scouter and a stick .
    Enjoy camp, it was a really great experience.
    Jason

• + New Posts