Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Shock Cord on Yeti

I ended up getting a winter Yeti from someone on the HFs a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how short the shock cordage was. When I put my WBBB in it, it held it up a couple feet higher. I used mini-biners on the end straps to hang it. I didn't find a knot in the end to figure out which was the head end.

So last night, I was hanging in my back yard and it was 56* out and I only had the Yeti on (to TQ). I was really hot. With the cords so taut, I only have the option of on or off the hammock. There's no way to just loosen the ends to allow more air to circulate through. Have any of you changed out your shock cords for longer ones or with cord locks to make it more adjustable?

Any other ideas?

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    The yeti is designed to be snug to the hammock. If you pull it up to your head it will vent a little.

There should be a white button which shows the head end.

The winter yeti is too hot for summer use. I only use mine if the temps dip below 30*F. The 3 season is what I use down to 30*F
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yeah the shock cords are supposed to be tight. My Yeti lifts my hammock as well. As Raul said, the winter Yeti may be too much even for cool summer nights. I use my 3 season Yeti to about - 3 degrees Celcius and supplement it with IX for lower temps. You could try adding a makeshift shock cord extension with cord locks but I think trying to accurately regulate your temps by looseneing the UQ will be difficult. You may be warm one minute then get a sudden wave of cool the next. You may be better off getting a 3 season or a summer UQ. Maybe just using a cheap CCF pad for now might suffice for warmer weather.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Slide it way up toward your head.....it creates a gap of coolness.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Slide it way up toward your head.....it creates a gap of coolness.
    Shug
    That sounds like it'll lead to CBS. Maybe I should resort to my CCF? Or do I need another UQ?

Shug, I like the idea of doubling up the 2/3 UQs for winter use. I was thinking about an Incubator, but I already have a couple of 2/3's for fall use....

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    That sounds like it'll lead to CBS. Maybe I should resort to my CCF? Or do I need another UQ?

Shug, I like the idea of doubling up the 2/3 UQs for winter use. I was thinking about an Incubator, but I already have a couple of 2/3's for fall use....
    There are setup videos on the warbonnet website that show how to install a yeti underquilt and Brandon shows how to slide it up to vent.

Another option is to slide the quilt to one side of the hammock and then reach out and slide it back in place when needed.

Cheers

Brian

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    I ended up getting a winter Yeti from someone on the HFs a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how short the shock cordage was. When I put my WBBB in it, it held it up a couple feet higher.
    Perfect, or close! Maybe go for 2.5 to 3 feet!

I used mini-biners on the end straps to hang it. I didn't find a knot in the end to figure out which was the head end.
    Head end should be wider. Side against your back might appear a bit more narrow, regardless the outer layer should hang down loose, while the inner layer is very snug against your back. If you don't have it upside down or backwards.

So last night, I was hanging in my back yard and it was 56* out and I only had the Yeti on (to TQ). I was really hot. With the cords so taut, I only have the option of on or off the hammock. There's no way to just loosen the ends to allow more air to circulate through. Have any of you changed out your shock cords for longer ones or with cord locks to make it more adjustable?

Any other ideas?
    Like the others said, just move it up a bit towards your head. It just takes a little bit, and significant venting will occur. Or, if you would rather, you can loosen the quilt by making the suspension longer. Just use a piece of cord, coming in from the end knots a few inches on one end, and tie it to your suspension.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll have to lay it out to see which end is wider. I thought about pulling the cord and replacing it, but I could just tie in some extra like you said.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    There's no white button?
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    There's no white button?
    Nope. I bought it from someone else about 2 weeks ago. I watched the video that Brandon put up and he said something about a knot and a white pearl snap in the end.

When it first came in the box, it was all squished down and I thought it was a 3 season. After leaving it out for a couple of days, it ballooned right up. I re-watched it when I found the shock cord so taut. The shock cord is black and there's no knot or snaps. It's got a nice differential cut, draft collars in the ends and it's toasty warm. I really like it. Just tweaking it...

• + New Posts