BlackBird in 1.0??

Tried to contact Brandon by gmail but He must be "in the woods." Does anyone know if he is making the blackbird in the 1.0 Frabric. I see it listed in the infromation pages but not on his order page. I am looking to use in Mid August for trip. I can go ahead and order the 1.1 now if the 1.0 is not avaliable. If avaliable, I need to wait untill I can contact him for pricing. I thought someone may know and be able to help.

Scott

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by may0513 View Post
    Tried to contact Brandon by gmail but He must be "in the woods." Does anyone know if he is making the blackbird in the 1.0 Frabric. I see it listed in the infromation pages but not on his order page. I am looking to use in Mid August for trip. I can go ahead and order the 1.1 now if the 1.0 is not avaliable. If avaliable, I need to wait untill I can contact him for pricing. I thought someone may know and be able to help.

Scott
    I think he stopped making them, If your lucky he might have a few left.
    But he said the difference in only 1oz.. so I dont see the big deal.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    He said they were not making them anymore. I did manage to get one of them after they were pulled off the website in May, because I contacted him and they had one left over. If you really want one, I'd wait for him to email back to see if they still have any.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedante View Post
    He said they were not making them anymore. I did manage to get one of them after they were pulled off the website in May, because I contacted him and they had one left over. If you really want one, I'd wait for him to email back to see if they still have any.
    x2 I got one after he stopped making them too. the 1 ounce difference isnt what sold me it was the price haha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Thanks everyone, I will give him a little more time but it looks like I just need to order the 1.1.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

Why no more 1.0?

Does anyone know why the 1.0 is discontinued? Not only was the price nice, but it seems like lighter is always much more expensive these days. I love my dbl 1.0! I just pray it'll last 90 years so my boys can have a chance to enjoy it too. This thing might be like the old Airstreams, a perfect design which will increase in value.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I don't believe the 1.0 dbl is "discontinued". Awhile back Brandon had certain items outsourced and made in China, as a test run. The 1.0 dbl was the only hammock that was outsourced, that's why it was only $130. He is simply sold out of them. He did have an american made 1.0 dbl before before that time that he was selling for $160. I think its simply a matter of whether or not he will bring 1.0 fabric back in stock and make it here in america. Not that its discontinued.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Pretty sure he decided it wasn't worth the hassle of sourcing the 1.0 fabric from China and getting them made. There was less quality control as he did not make them himself (I have a 1.0 from China, and it's amazing... all of his product is of course). Because of only 1oz difference he decided to just use the 1.1 as his lightweight level fabric. Also pretty sure he sold out of the 1.0 he had left (he probably has one for himself methinks). With all of those factors it just wasn't worth it for him. No matter what you're getting a quality hammock that will last for years. I don't know of a person who has bought one and hasn't been happy... also you can pretty much resell it here for near retail if you don't like it.

The "Alex" joke refers to Jeopardy.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastFeastCoast View Post
    Pretty sure he decided it wasn't worth the hassle of sourcing the 1.0 fabric from China and getting them made. There was less quality control as he did not make them himself (I have a 1.0 from China, and it's amazing... all of his product is of course). Because of only 1oz difference he decided to just use the 1.1 as his lightweight level fabric. Also pretty sure he sold out of the 1.0 he had left (he probably has one for himself methinks). With all of those factors it just wasn't worth it for him. No matter what you're getting a quality hammock that will last for years. I don't know of a person who has bought one and hasn't been happy... also you can pretty much resell it here for near retail if you don't like it.

The "Alex" joke refers to Jeopardy.
    what he said. it wasnt much of a difference in weight at all. and I believe he said there were some problems at first with them. but I have the 1.0 dbl and it was excellent quality but I have to admit I only bought it for the price haha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts