Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images

Whoopie length

I'm about to order two sets of Whoopies for my Blackbird and my ENo Double nest but I'm unsure of the length I should order. They have them in 4-6-8ft lengths. I was thinking 8ft for the most versatility, would i be correct? I have never used them before but am going to give it a try. Also, what type and where do most people get there webbing and toggles? I know I can search the site but I don't have a lot of time for the computer today and just would like some straight forward answers, thanks fellas.

Cheers

Yukon

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    http://whoopieslings.com/

Or

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/1099697

Or

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/1611346

I use the regular Amsteel 7/64 ones. I got the Whoopies from Arrowhead as they were the best price I could find. (I think about 7' long). When you add one to the cart, remember that you're only ordering one, so update the cart to buy two. I got like grey ones to match my ENO red & grey and blue ones to match my Navy & blue one. When you get two for the WBBB, get different colors. You can put like a grey one at the foot and a black one at the head. You'll know which end is the head end on your WBBB.

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...ts/show/945324 (Loops sewn into both ends)
    Or
    http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...ts/show/945363 (Loop sewn into one end only)

Or

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...ts/show/994087 (Camo if you like, but costs more)

I've got several sets of the black straps and I have the thread color varied for the length of the straps (easier to figure out if the set of straps will be long enough).

We have some big trees here in the PNW and my 9' straps didn't made it around a couple of trees. (I couldn't hang both my ENOs the other day when we went to the park with the kids, as I had to double up the straps to get them around one tree). I was considering getting some really long straps to put across my yard. I talked to Paul about strap length. He pointed out that if your trees are too far apart, then you'll have to get your straps significantly above head height (like using a ladder) to get that 25* angle down. Otherwise you don't get the right sag.

On the cart, I ordered the straps with loops sewn into both ends. I got 34', which would be 2' of line used for a loop on each end, then 15' of line for the big trees X two straps. It's better to have them a little long IMHO.
    Last edited by Boomer; 07-02-2011 at 12:30.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I'm starting to wonder if I just might get another webbing set up like the one that came with my Warbonnet Blackbird, for the ENO Double. All that stuff with the whoopies seems like a lot of extra work, compared to the breeze of set up of the adjustable webbing...hmmmm

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if I just might get another webbing set up like the one that came with my Warbonnet Blackbird, for the ENO Double. All that stuff with the whoopies seems like a lot of extra work, compared to the breeze of set up of the adjustable webbing...hmmmm
    Maybe. But I like that my whoopies actually fit in the bag with my doublenest. You can use a stick or pen or whatever for the marlinspike. You'll have to have straps anyways for the trees (I've done lines, but they bite into the bark too much).

If you put a strap around a tree a couple times with a 6' strap, put the biner through both the loops and attach it to the whoopie. All of about one minute to get both ends up.

I don't know where to get the triangle ring sets that Brandon uses. You could try these:

http://www.owfinc.com/Hardware/mhardware.asp#D-Rings

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Whoopie sling and webbing over webbing alone is about reducing weight and bulk. If that is not a concern then webbing and cinch buckles are a little simpler. AHE used to carry the Warbonnet cinch buckles. I don't know of another source. You could contact Brandon or post a WTB.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    I'm about to order two sets of Whoopies for my Blackbird and my ENo Double nest but I'm unsure of the length I should order. They have them in 4-6-8ft lengths. I was thinking 8ft for the most versatility, would i be correct? I have never used them before but am going to give it a try. Also, what type and where do most people get there webbing and toggles? I know I can search the site but I don't have a lot of time for the computer today and just would like some straight forward answers, thanks fellas.

Cheers

Yukon
    Found that max length of ~6 feet WS has worked fine. Any longer mean the trees are a bit too far apart for me to reach high enough to get the right angle. diy Dynaglide WS. The difference in mass & volume between 4 & 8 footers would be just a few grams & ml. So weight & volume is for most not a factor. A length of green sapling works fine for toggles. Packing the bush knife. Might as well use it.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Ordered slings and tree straps from Arrowhead, and some toggles from Whoopie slings. If I like the set up I will order another for the Blackbird

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Ahh heck with it, I ordered a second set of whoopies and tree straps...hammock stuff is too addicting lol

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Ahh heck with it, I ordered a second set of whoopies and tree straps...hammock stuff is too addicting lol
    Now you are officially a Gear-A-Holic! Welcome to the club!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Now you are officially a Gear-A-Holic! Welcome to the club!
    Well I have always been a gear junkie, it has just seem to have been amplified since I got into hammocks

I made my first alcohol stove yesterday too, and had great success for my first try! Super stoked about that

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast