UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Mine is accurate to the gram, so .1 oz I think. Also, check out GearGrams.com. Great website to keep track of everything.
    Thanks for the link - might have to start cataloging gear weights!
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMan View Post
    I just put my pack on fully loaded and step on the scale. Subtract my weight and Voila!
    Last Hiking trip I guided I was using older gear and carrying most of it (bunch of 12 year olds) and my pack hit 78 lbs with food and water!
    You are THE MAN! I love it! If you are anything like me even when you switch all of your gear into the light weight and ultra light weight category you will bring so many individual items that you will still only end up lighter but not light weight. But, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it as long as you are happy with it and you are able to haul it. Oh yea, I use a fish scale and weigh the whole pack after it's packed.

Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    78lbs??!?!? Yikes you're tough. I praise guys for getting their weight down, for using self control and doing it minimally, but you sir deserve the praise. I don't know if I could get the pack on my back let alone walk for miles with it haha.
    I do agree that it takes discipline to eliminate a bunch of stuff from the pack and for me it's tough. I admire the folks that are able to carry everything including food and water for 5 days and their pack only weighs 25 or 30 pounds on day one. What annoys me though are the ones that make choices in what not to bring because they know that there are folks like me and LazyMan that always show up with more than 3 bandaids, extra snacks, a saw, a real knife, fire starters, water filter, PLB, etc., etc.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMan View Post
    I just put my pack on fully loaded and step on the scale. Subtract my weight and Voila!
    Last Hiking trip I guided I was using older gear and carrying most of it (bunch of 12 year olds) and my pack hit 78 lbs with food and water!
    +1 on this method for gross weight. However, I use a Berkley fishing scale (digital) to check individual items. Reads both lbs/ozs and Kgs. Accurate to a 100 grams and 1.0 oz. How much more do we need to know???????
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123