Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglesthemonkey View Post
    I am in the same position as you! I am not that far away in the grand scheme of things. I am in southeast China. I am on the cusp of ordering a WBBB and am trying to get everything in one shot. I imagine where I am , it would be even harder to get odds and ends than in Japan.
    Anyway..hope it all works out for you. I am tempted to skip an UQ for the sake of saving some money but apparently people use them even when its still quite warm.
    Oh, who would have ever though buying a hammock could be such a big deal. I had no idea.
    Maybe one day we can have an Asia Hang Day!
    Yesterday, I sent an email to warbonnet telling them I want the under quilt too. I hope they can add it to the first order! Ordering things one at a time is very costly! I love South East I usually go to Micronesia for diving, I really want to see thailand too!

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    Hajimemashite. Sturgeon desu. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

I agree with the advice given above: Keep it simple.

You've got a nice hammock, and the suspension on the Warbonnet Blackbird hammock is fine as it is.
    You've got a great tarp.
    You've got a nice warm top-quilt.

What do you need?

If you bought the tarp that has panel pull-outs (loops sewn into the centre of the side of the tarp to permit you to pull the tarp away from the hammock to give you more space inside the tarp) then you need to seal the seams around the pull-outs with a silicone sealant like Silnet. The ridgeline of the WB tarps does not require sealant.

You need two stakes to stake out your hammock netting and shelf. You need four more stakes to stake out your tarp. Probably two more because you'll lose some (I did!). Minimum 6 stakes, best to buy 8.

You need some kind of cord that doesn't stretch to make a ridgeline for your tarp, and to tie down the four corners. Start with fairly cheap stuff. 80 or a 100 feet is good. Then you can experiment and see if you want to have one long continuous ridgeline or two separate pieces on each end, or a clothes hanging line under the tarp, etc. Later you can buy expensive Dyneema (dyna-glide) or Zing-it, Lash it etc.

You need a closed cell foam pad to put into the space between the double layers, to keep your back and butt warm. If you have a selection, my advice is to go with a stickier feeling foam, to avoid any slipping, though the sleeve seems to hold anything in place quite well. Don't know how thick a pad to buy? More options if you two thin pads than one thick one, I'd say.

That's all you need. But you will want more. Like most hobbies, you'll start upgrading and trying out newer stuff, and fiddling and fixing and extending etc. It's fun.

Main thing is... get out there and play in the woods and see for yourself. You might just find that hammocking is not for you, and then you'll regret spending so much on it. So start simple. (But don't worry too much about that--if you decide it's not for you, you'll find lots of buyers for your stuff here!)
    始めましてジェイソンです。よろしくお願いします。(The kanji version of above :])
    Thank you for the great advice. I tried to buy stakes this week but couldn't find any titanuim ones. I also bought some guyline 3mm but I am sure it is too thick the montbell staff wanted me to get a thicker one...4-5mm! They said it stretchs a bit too...

Do you have any links to some good guyline, and the correct whoopie sling to buy, also stretch guy line for the tieouts, might as well ask for a link to stakes too

Edit:
    Posted I am trying to buy steaks...not stakes lol (I did find some great steaks though)

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by japanlinked View Post
    始めましてジェイソンです。よろしくお願いします。(The kanji version of above :])
    Thank you for the great advice. I tried to buy stakes this week but couldn't find any titanuim ones. I also bought some guyline 3mm but I am sure it is too thick the montbell staff wanted me to get a thicker one...4-5mm! They said it stretchs a bit too...

Do you have any links to some good guyline, and the correct whoopie sling to buy, also stretch guy line for the tieouts, might as well ask for a link to stakes too

Edit:
    Posted I am trying to buy steaks...not stakes lol (I did find some great steaks though)
    Dutch has a web stie now with zing it (good for tarps) and the tarp flys...I also get Kelty trip tease sometimes for the lower lines on my tarps (keeps kids tripping over them at night, I get it from REI) and Mountainoutfitter (member here, might be spelling it wrong) has a website that has pretty good prices on reflective line...as well. In a pinch, you can also find mason line in bright colors at the Japanese home centers...

Dutch Shop

Thanks for that info I just bought 50' of sing it from dutch and whoopie slings

I also got the OK for the under quilt to be added to the order.

So now my order looks like this:
    WBBB
    SuperFly
    WB Top Quilt + 3 season Under Quilt
    50' of Zing it
    1 pair of Whoppie slings

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Thanks for that info I just bought 50' of sing it from dutch and whoopie slings

I also got the OK for the under quilt to be added to the order.

So now my order looks like this:
    WBBB
    SuperFly
    WB Top Quilt + 3 season Under Quilt
    50' of Zing it
    1 pair of Whoppie slings
    Now, you just have to get out there! We had a great hang at Fujian this weekend...I've posted some photos here on the forum and on FB

It's on it's way

Well I just got the mail..."Your order has been shipped!"
    Get ready for an package unboxing video!

Last week I also got my two other orders in the mail. An ULA OHM Backpack, 50' of zing it, and a pair of Dynaglide whoopie slings!

I also did an unboxing video of the packages. So everyone can see how they actually arrive packaged. I am just trying to decide weather to make a new YouTube account to post the videos or not. My YouTube account is basically for my online Toy Store. hmmm what to do...what to do?
    Last edited by japanlinked; 06-15-2011 at 22:22.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I want to see the toys!!!!!!
    Arigato
    Shug-san
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Show me the... photos!

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Well I just got the mail..."Your order has been shipped!"
    Get ready for an package unboxing video!

Last week I also got my two other orders in the mail. An ULA OHM Backpack, 50' of zing it, and a pair of Dynaglide whoopie slings!

I also did an unboxing video of the packages. So everyone can see how they actually arrive packaged. I am just trying to decide weather to make a new YouTube account to post the videos or not. My YouTube account is basically for my online Toy Store. hmmm what to do...what to do?
    Fantastic...hope we can get together soon...

OHM Video

Well I will just add my video to this thread it is my OHM unboxing...

Possibly the worst video I have ever made on YouTube lol. I just wanted to film it so bad lol.
    There are a few mistakes The text for Large Mesh Pocket is wrong and the weight I did not remove the straps on the front

Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT89A2lG4c

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast