Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I ordered a 10'x4' piece and intend to follow the steps in the video to make a booster for my OneTigris winter underquilt. I sleep cold, and the uq didn't do it for me below 60 degrees. Last night, however, in the low 40s, I slept very warm. What I did was boost the uq by laying a very lightweight Thinsulate LiteLoft sleeping bag into the uq, spread out. I will compare the results using the Reflectix booster to that with the light sleeping bag. The bag is lightweight and compresses very small, while the Reflectix is even lighter but bulkier. I don't think the bulk will be a problem, though, because, I am not a lightweight camper. Right now, I go only where I can take my Jeep, but I intend to build a light trekking trailer for packing so that I can take bulky and heavier stuff without having to carry it. I like my comforts and won't mind pulling a mile or two. :-)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Since this has been resurrected. A couple years ago, I tested using two long sheets of reflectix taped up and tied off to my suspension like a bowl/dish. I filled the reflectix with leaves and found it to be super good. Limited in that I need to find the right debris to fill it with but in the fall it would work well. But the extra work involved was silly as compared to using a pad or UQ. If I'm carrying that already than why not bring my actual underquilt. Now I just use my Bonefire hammock and the insulation is build in, nothing to mess with. YMMV
    Brady

Has anyone ever tried using Therm Fleece to for a DIY underpad/UQ? I just bought some to try and looking for tips/tricks to make it the best it can be.Therm Fleece.jpg

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMama View Post
    Has anyone ever tried using Therm Fleece to for a DIY underpad/UQ? I just bought some to try and looking for tips/tricks to make it the best it can be.Therm Fleece.jpg
    Other than for some mild summer days use forget it...it the arena of warmth just don't cheap out....in your backyard okay have some fun with it/experiment, but with no bail out point .........for Alberta cold ......save the pennies and get some Down quilts....talk to James at http://www.littleshopofhammocks.com/
    Getting chilled in the hammock will be zero fun very quickly in any temp below 20c
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 11' gathered
    Tarp
    Simply light asym
    Insulation
    HG 40 uq, Loco 30
    Suspension
    Buckled straps/ams
    Quote Originally Posted by flyakker View Post
    Has anyone tried using reflectix between their hammock and underquilt?
    Ive put a space blanket between my 3/4 UQ and my hammock. It seems to add something. I dont have any science to back up this claim

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345