Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hi there
    I agree with Englishbob... I find it far better slacker. I followed the info from their site and even saw videos of guys winding it right up...Ultimately I have found with a fair amount of slack I avoid pinched shoulders. I am able to get more diagonal and feel far more comfortbale. Not used a ridgeline as with the bugnet I can't see how I could fit it.
    cheers
    Gareth

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I will disembark on a 6 day canoe trip this upcoming weekend for the first real test of my Frontline. But...so far, with about 5 nites experience hanging in the workshop, I find that the shoulder squeeze does greatly diminish if hung loosely but I then seem to get a big ridge running end to end down the center of the sleeping surface. The ridge makes anything but a diagonal lay impossible. It's workable but it doesn't seem like it should be this way. When hung tightly, the bottom ridge is only present a little at the ends but the shoulder squeeze gets much more apparent. Hopefully, with a few nites in the woods and a little more experimentation I will figure out the best hang.

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I will disembark on a 6 day canoe trip this upcoming weekend for the first real test of my Frontline. But...so far, with about 5 nites experience hanging in the workshop, I find that the shoulder squeeze does greatly diminish if hung loosely but I then seem to get a big ridge running end to end down the center of the sleeping surface. The ridge makes anything but a diagonal lay impossible. It's workable but it doesn't seem like it should be this way. When hung tightly, the bottom ridge is only present a little at the ends but the shoulder squeeze gets much more apparent. Hopefully, with a few nites in the woods and a little more experimentation I will figure out the best hang.
    Yeah I noticed the centre ridge, but as I prefer to get as diagonal as I can it was still ok... However the shoulder squeeze gave me pins and needles in may arm. I guess there is a sweet spot where you limit the centre ridge yet don't get the squeeze...
    cheers
    Gareth

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    3x3 Elite Basha
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've had a couple of DD hammocks. i have a frontline at the moment, but i tried it with a ridgeline to give it some sag found just the right length so i can get diagonal works really well for me. tried my mates the other weekend, he hangs his night and tight. can't imagine how i managed in the begining without the sag i could really feel it squashing me at my shoulders. Sag is definately the way to go.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    I like to lay flat but I couldnt in the DD travel, I could lie on my side but not my stomach, if you are looking to lay flat you should buy the Jacks R Better Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock, you can sleep on your stomach all night!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12