Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
    Hey you all, those in pain and those not! I'm so glad to read this thread. I know it's about 6 years old,but I'm hoping that Mike who started it is out of pain and that others are following suite. I was diagnosed with a herniated disk at the end of this summer, and pain is less of a problem for me, but the numbness and tingling in my feet is crazy-making! I've not had surgery; went instead with Spinal Decompression Therapy (thru a chiropractor) and I was well on my way to recovery until I walked 100 yards with a 28 pound pack on my newly "healed" back when we went car camping. I can only kick myself so much... Now I'm pretty much starting over with the rehab and my doc knows nothing about hammocks. I've had the best nights sleep in my hammock (WB RR) since this injury and I'm hoping to go back to it. Right now, I'm keeping track for a week of how I feel after each night on a "good mattress" and after that I'll do an informal study of how I feel after a week of nights in the hammock. Then report back to the doc. Does anyone else have relief of tingling feet from a herniated disk by hammock sleeping? I'd love to hear your experience, strength and hope!
    It’s been 4-5 years. Herniated Disc L5-S1. My disc was pushed 22mm into the nerve. It took a year of fighting with doctors. Then finally had surgery. Won’t gross you out with the details. Just know it’s better than it was before the surgery. Issues abound with my left foot, cramping, foot / shoe issues, numbness and tingling. I’ve got dropfoot since the nerve was impinged for the anterior compartment of lower left leg. ... anyway. Me + hammock allows me to hike again. I can sleep in it and my back feels amazing the next day. Enough said.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I just stumbled upon this thread and it couldn't come at a better time for me. I too have herniated discs and the pain is unbearable in the morning. I can't even bend over to put my socks on. I feel like a 90 year old man trapped in a 44 year old's body. I've tried sleeping in every different bed in the house but not luck. I just started looking at plans to build a stand in my basement for this exact reason. I always seem to sleep well with minimized back pain in my hammock so why not try it at home! Just ordered a new Dream Hammock so my New Years job is to build a stand for it. Thanks for the info folks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123