Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps

Black hills Memorable day weekend hanging

The plan is to be packed and gassed up, leave from work Fri 27. Going across Nebraska, and the Rez. til 1AM and nap til sun-up in the car, then head into the hills from the south on Sat. morn. There are a coupla things that I want to find and check out. Falling Rock, off hwy 44, and a 3-tier waterfall on Rapid Creek just East of Rochford. Maybe whoop it up in Moonshine Gulch Saloon Sat night, then hang at the GPAA Migg claim east of Rochford for the night. That or, if there are too many people there, maybe spend the night up Bloody Gulch away from the crowds. Sun. night I intend to hang up on the cliff edge over Spearfish Canyon.1K ft above the road. That should make for impressive pix! Been making this trip up to 3 times a yr,. since '79, and without fail, every trip I find something new. Just can't get enuf of the Black Hills!

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    After studying the weather forecasts, this whole thing is CANCELED due to flooding, And the weather man says "Significant rainfall" is expected for the weekend. Just hafta wait till summer vacation. Where I usually go prospecting in a dry creek, its now a waist deep raging torrent. Rapid Creek is earning its name. I90 is closed North of there due to flooding, Belle Fourche has flooding. Flash flood warnings everywhere. One county sherriff requests people not travel on county roads. That's where I'm going off the map, on logging trails, several miles of 2 tire tracks through the woods. The only good thing to be said is that I'd be hanging a hammock up off the ground and would be less likely to get dunked. Ah, well, July will get here eventually. Every year it's something different. One year, 110 deg. Next yr cold, now soaked.

• + New Posts