Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Sil
    Insulation
    Bag+pad
    Suspension
    Strap+Whoopiesling
    Images

Jerry Chair PIF

I claimed a PIF earlier this week of stuff made out of Amsteel by Packbacker81. He is making me a couple contiuous loops and some soft shackles. In return for this great/generous DIY PIF I decided to post some PU polyester I had and offer to make something from it for the claimer. Twotents claimed it and asked for a Jerry Chair. So far my TI experience has been limited to stuff sacks but it sounded like a great project to try. TT was nice enough to find a picture with dimensions to work off of which made it a lot easier (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...age.php?i=7455). I have couple things to finish, like attaching the pad pockets/straps, but below are some in progress pics. The pad pockets/straps are too long so I will shorten them to about the size to fit a zrest pad. If I have enough fabric left I may make a second one and post it as a PIF as well.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Lookin' good. The Jerry Chair lives on!

Jerry

Edit: Here's the original thread with plans and pics if anyone is interested - The Jerry Chair
    Last edited by JerryW; 05-12-2011 at 09:47.
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Hammock
    GTUL/WBRR
    Tarp
    Ogee/Diy
    Insulation
    HudsonR/EE20/Leilo
    Suspension
    DynaWhoopie/Hugger
    Images
    I always wondered where the name came from.
    "If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    - Mark Twain

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! NO MORE WOOD!"
    - Mancat

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Man ! How great is that. I get someone to make me a super nice looking Jerry chair(in less than 24 hrs) and the inventor sees it and comments on it. You guys are making me feel special in a good way! Happy Trails, Two Tents.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    Man ! How great is that. I get someone to make me a super nice looking Jerry chair(in less than 24 hrs) and the inventor sees it and comments on it. You guys are making me feel special in a good way! Happy Trails, Two Tents.
    Jerry is a great guy, and you will find that some of the items here are named after the inventor - dutch clips, nacrobiners, etc

Hammock
    Moded Hammock Bliss Mosquito Free
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Sil
    Insulation
    Bag+pad
    Suspension
    Strap+Whoopiesling
    Images
    It's finished. I left the pad holders as straps as I thought this left a lot of options for what to sit on. See my pic below with my vest stuffed through. The straps are spaced just close enough and long enough to hold my zrest pad (see pic). Also if you dont like the straps it shouldn't be a problem to stitch up the long side. Fits nicely in the mesh sack I made a while back. Sorry I don't have 2 poles to mock it up better. I only hike with 1...

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! PM sent with ship to address! Thanks a Bunch!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    ENO Pronest w/ Continuous Loop
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season 11x10
    Insulation
    MB Bag, Neo-Air
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That's a cool PIF... I had heard of the Jerry chair but never seen one. If you don't mind me asking, what's the weight on that thing? I'm sure it can't be much. Nice work mcvincnt! I hope you get some good use out of those loops and shackles. I'm sure my splicing isn't the prettiest you'll find, but it serves it's purpose.

Hammock
    DIY zipper mod Hennessy EXP
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    something old becomes something new....
    I use the tripod stool when I am light... and a small piece of walmart pad when pack is heavy..... but I think it is time for the "Jerry chair" now..
    I think I will build one this weekend.....
    Thanks for the link to the orig instructions Jerry...udaman!

Hammock
    Moded Hammock Bliss Mosquito Free
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Sil
    Insulation
    Bag+pad
    Suspension
    Strap+Whoopiesling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PackBacker81 View Post
    That's a cool PIF... I had heard of the Jerry chair but never seen one. If you don't mind me asking, what's the weight on that thing? I'm sure it can't be much. Nice work mcvincnt! I hope you get some good use out of those loops and shackles. I'm sure my splicing isn't the prettiest you'll find, but it serves it's purpose.
    I didn't think to weigh the chair before I shipped it. The PU material is significantly heavier feeling than say a 1.6 or 1.9 ripstop but it should be durable and there is only about 1/3 of a yard there in the chair so still not terribly heavy anyway. That mesh sack I put it into in the picture is made from a sack like pearl onions or shallots would come in at the grocery store so it folds up really small too. Would definitely fold smaller if needed. If you already carry something that can multitask as a cushion it would definitely be a good project.

I am sure the loops will be great. I got some woodland camo DWR at JoAnn's last night that I think is going to be my first hammock project. They will most likely go on there. This PIF Exchange has helped me all around. I got the continuous loops for a hammock claiming a PIF and experience with the thread injector to sew the Hammock making the Jerry Chair.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast