Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord

Now they have Camo green hornet for sale.

Click
    I like: my 50 cc scooter, pizza, cola.

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord

Hammock
    Custom 10th Wonder hammock
    Tarp
    Winter SARGASSO
    Insulation
    Cocoon/self In mat
    Suspension
    diy whoopie slings
    I sent an email to tenthwonderhammocks@bluebottle .com and received a reply from Neil Caldicott, who arranged for his hammock designer/maker Art Barskey to contact me...

After a few emails trading ideas etc we settled on a dark green double bottom hammock 2.7 meters long & 1.8 meters wide capable of taking my 130kg (287lbs) easily (extra strong material) with an extra bottom held on with Velcro. The tarp is a variation on their Sargasso however, it is 4.5 meters long and 4 meters wide with external hanging loops and has Velcro on the openings for foul weather when the tarp is pulled in, unlike my photographs which were taken last weekend at 29c.

What arrived exceeded all my expectations; the stitching on hammock and tarp is flawless; the material first class + little extras like an internal pocket; internal line for hanging things from ; fitted but removable alloy stretchers for the mosquito net ; internal loops on the tarp to attatch supplied bungee to the mosquito net and straps with locking sliders to pull on the net inside to prevent it flapping in bad weather and restrict it when flipped over in winter so I can use my COCOON sleeping bag over it...
    designed by our own Ian Dent Willoughby

See my full report "Fantastic custom Tenth Wonder hammock and tarp" with pictures.

I agree fantastic deal.
    Mine was less than £125 delivered.
    Last edited by palace; 07-10-2011 at 15:34.
    experientia docet stultos...
    John

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord

Cool Specs of my purchase

This is from Tenth wonder site:

This is probably one of the most versatile items we've made. It can be used...

* - to sleep on the ground with a waterproof base
    * - as two separate hammocks
    * - as a hammock and a tarpaulin

It requires little space in your rucksack and can be tied onto the outside of it. Used as a regular lie-in hammock, it's double-layered - very strong.

The hammock comes with about 8 metres of our new, slinky rope, which is flat and does not roll down surfaces. In fact the more weight in the hammock, the tighter it grips.

Measurements: 2.8m long 1.36m wide
    Weight: approximately 1490g inc ropes, removable base - everything
    Colour: Green
    Rope supplied: approx 8 metres in hammock + 6m in base
    Comes in a neat stuffsack
    Packed dimensions: 30cm long, 12cm thick

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord
    Arrived today Now I have three hammocks which use.

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord
    Sold that jungle camo hammock to my friend and bought insulated jungle camo hammock instead. Very nice hammock and good to sleep.

hi guys...i recently purchased a hornet jungle military hammock from tenth wonder and im tellin ya its awesome. double stitching very roomy and it holds all 108kg of my chub at 6ft quite easily. i give these guys thumbs up for this particular hammock. ive lived under canvas for 9 years growing up and i know quality when i feel it. this is a **** fine quality product and it stands up fine with a tarp in very heavy storms because it did just that on monday 2hours after i signed fir my package and set it up...great bit of gear and i will be using this in the australian bush when i go camping coz im an aussie. great work tenth wonder

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle/Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    I bought a 10th Wonder Jungle Hornet / 10th Wonder Cornelius tarp combo as a backup setup and and also for my kids. It is reasonably well made, however the interior finish could be better - a heap of loose threads etc along the zip inseam. It was no more difficult to hang than other hammocks I''ve owned. It did seem to suffer in the ventilation department - I live in the humid tropical North of Australia and trust me - you want a hammock that allows maximum airflow, but once a decent breeze picked up it was fine.

The big issue I found was when a thermarest was being used. The Hornet has a seperate area underneath the silk floor (Ivelcro access), however whe used with a 3/4 thermarest I found the mesh sides bunched up considerably in the middle to the extend they were flopped over my legs and upper body - not comfortable. No amount of readjustment (in the middle of the night in a downpour) could fix it. I still haven't managed to fix this issue.
    The TW Cornelius tarp is excellent - larger than others I've owned. The hammock / tarp combo weathered a heavy monsoonal storm and downpour with no issues - no leaks etc. However, I won't be using it again - other than a day hang in my backyard - until I can overcome the mesh bunching problem.

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    first posts on HF....welcome down there from over here......

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Mnt. Wilderness
    Insulation
    Teton Altos pad
    Suspension
    Buckles
    So I JUST really started looking at these TW hammock today. I sold my HH explorer a few days ago, and am looking for a new hammock. I thought I was sold on the WBBB, but the prices of the TW really jumped out at me. They are so cheap in comparison!

My idea now is to perhaps buy a TW, and spend some of the cash I saved on a decent tarp (like the BCUSA multicam tarp, perhaps...)

So over the WBBB, what do TW hammocks have? Off the bat is they are much roomier inside, very cheap, and that's about all I have right now.

Also, soon enough i'll be on a hitchhiking trip to Europe/Asia for about a year coming up. I don't mind a bit of extra weight if that means being comfy, so for whoever is reading this, what do you reckon would be your choice?

I hate finding something really good, when I think I have finally made up my mind >_<

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast