View Poll Results: Spring 2012 MAHHA at Pine Grove Furnace?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I look forward to coming back on this date

36 85.71%
  • No, the location and/or date does not suit me

6 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images

Spring 2012 MAHHA at Pine Grove ??

I've received and have viewed good responses from the hang at Pine Grove Furnace. The park manager has invited us to come back and is willing to work out an attractive group camping fee (Sites A,B, and C) if we make a donation to the AT Museum. The donation collected this year really was appreciated by the AT Museum as they have many ideas that require time and of course money.

I can reserve the group camping areas 11 months in advance. The date would be April 27,28,29, 2012. Vote in the poll if you would support coming back next year on this date.

NOTE - I'm only talking about a group hang, not a program! A time of true R & R among the hangers back at the group camping area would be great...not that we didn't have fun this year putting on a show, but a year of nothing but just showing up looks good to me. I can see a group of us hike in from Caledonia State park on Friday/Saturday. There are a few nice hikes up the Pole Steeple and Sunset rocks later Saturday....or just hang around and talk hammocks!

This poll comes while the experience is still fresh in our minds. Also, I'm not suggesting we reserve a pavilion either but do everything at the group camping area. I think there's plenty of room for a large tarp or two in case of inclement weather.

The poll will run for a month to gauge interest. If adequate interest is shown, I'll reserve the group sites before the Boy Scouts get em'
    2Q
    Last edited by 2Questions; 05-07-2011 at 07:43.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

I like this idea and am voting "yes" as the site was much better than Gathland (not that I didn't like Gathland, I liked it very much!!) but I have a question you say they said for a fee, what would that be? and what would that mean to us? as the monies that are/were collected from the raffle were going to/allocated to pre-arranged thing's so would this mean a increase in cost for the raffle to cover the additional fee?
    I only ask as in large it is for some a great expense just to make it to the hang and having this fee added would almost make it (now I said almost) mandatory for all to pay to help pay for the/cover the fee!?!?

Sorry that was more than one question!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I like this idea and am voting "yes" as the site was much better than Gathland (not that I didn't like Gathland, I liked it very much!!) but I have a question you say they said for a fee, what would that be? and what would that mean to us? as the monies that are/were collected from the raffle were going to/allocated to pre-arranged thing's so would this mean a increase in cost for the raffle to cover the additional fee?
    I only ask as in large it is for some a great expense just to make it to the hang and having this fee added would almost make it (now I said almost) mandatory for all to pay to help pay for the/cover the fee!?!?

Sorry that was more than one question!
    I will answer for Tim.....my understanding...the cost for the raffle wouldn't change. The site fees will come out of the amount collected for the raffle and supper, with plenty left over for donations. If I am wrong, Tim will correct me!! Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Images
    I love the idea of just hangin' out at the campsite. Especially if we can reserve the whole area. The one thing I wish I'd done was talked with and checked out more of other hangers rigs. I spent most of my time at the pavilion during the day. Count me in!!!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I very much liked this location for the spring hang. I also like Gathland for the fall hang.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll go where ever it is decided to be held. But I had a super time and it wouldn't hurt my feeling none for it to be at the same group area at Pine Grove SP. Even bigger in 2012!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    both PGF and Caledonia state park were stellar. i'm in for the next spring hang.

thexuprising, MML (and anyone else) - next time hike to PGF from the north?

free unlimited JDMs (john denver moments) for MML

sbd
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i would love to have it there again it was a blast....
    as for the shows i agree i think we can go without all the shows that fine by me
    i love just hanging out and seeing old faces and meeting new ones
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Really love the idea of just hanging out at the site. Especially with so many people and rigs, it would be a great chance for all of us to meet and greet all. My first hang was last fall's MAHHA and I loved just walking around and seeing people's rigs and getting to know them. While the weekend isn't the best for me, I hopefully can make it work.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yep I am all for a Spring 2012 hang at PGF as long as the fall hang is still held at Gathland state park in Maryland.
    I really want to do some more hiking in Maryland this fall on the A.T., so that will be a good excuse for me to hike into the fall hang if held in Maryland.
    If the 2012 Spring Hang returns to PGF, I will be hiking into the spring 2012 MAHHA at Pine Grove Furnace going South bound this time ( starting up North somewhere). So a return to PGF for next spring is ok with me. It’s close enough to the A.T. for some great hiking.
    Then again, I have no objections to a spring hang somewhere around Shenandoah park either in Va.
    As long as I am hanging I am happy! Wherever it is!!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast