1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    We are all here to have fun, and learn something every once in a while. I have not had the need to remove a ridgeline, if I did, then there is no since starting with one. I don't know why you would need a RL that is removable?

Quote Originally Posted by johnfolsomjr View Post
    Just to show you that you learn something new every day, Roadrunnr72 just saved me some grams by showing me how to eliminate a quicklink from my rig... Thanks man!

Your welcome!!!!
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Which part do you need help with?
    Laying it out?, making the buries?, start to finish?

Your ENO DN has an overall length of 118", so a good starting place for a ridgeline would be approx 98". If you make it adjustable say 3-4" longer or shorter, you can keep the tail close to the foot and out of your way.
    Mine is actually 93" and I like the lay I get real flat at 250 and 5'10". It is a basement hang though, so I expect tree hangs may be different.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Your ENO DN has an overall length of 118", so a good starting place for a ridgeline would be approx 98". If you make it adjustable say 3-4" longer or shorter, you can keep the tail close to the foot and out of your way.
    The ENO web site may say 118" (well 9'10") but that must be with the stock rope and carabiners. I replaced my stock rope with whoopie slings, and was about to make my ridgeline. I measured it to comfirm my length and found that it only measures 105" from end to end. (Measured where the RL would attach) This would give you a RL length around 87".
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    This is something I'll have to look into down the road. So much info, so little reading time, hehe.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    crappy random one
    Insulation
    blue foam
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Same kind of hammock here too. I want a ridgeline but havent really started looking for tutorials yet since it was under tarp and insulation on my list of things to figure out. but i did find this...
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock4.html

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    If you want to make an adjustable RL, here are your measurements. (And Im working off memory here, so bear with me.

You want to start with 13' of line. 1.75mm zing it is plenty. 7/64 amsteel is way overkill.

Anyway... 13' (It might be 12') of line. Locked brummel fixed eye on one end with measurements (originating from the very end) 1st mark at 2", 2nd mark at 6". This will give you a 2" eye with a 2" bury.

After you get your fixed eye done, measure from the end of the eye (the very end of the line) and make a mark at 78". This will be the tail exit for the adjustable eye. From that mark, going in the same direction, mark 85". This will be the entrance for the adjustable eye.

Do your bury and backsplice the end. This will leave the tail a bit long depending on where you end up with ridgeline length. But the measurements should get you started.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered and ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I have not had the need to remove a ridgeline, if I did, then there is no since starting with one. I don't know why you would need a RL that is removable?
    I personally find my DN to be more comfortable without a RL. Also when sitting in it lounge chair style a RL gets in the way. So my RL is removable and I only put it on to hang my bug net upon.
    If you don't try due to fear of failure you've already failed due to fear.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0dl + DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    SPE & Sum Phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I wish I'd seen this thread yesterday. I measured my DN at 105" too and made a ridge line out of zing-it in two parts - one a small whoopie sling that adjusts from about 6 to 12 inches and the rest of zing-it with a bowline on each end for attaching points. The straight zing-it is about 80" before knots, so the line is adjustable from about 82" - 94" +/-. I had a rough night's sleep in the hammock last night and I think I need a longer ridgeline.

As an aside, I was uncomfortable laying in my usual diagonal, head left - feet right, but migrated to the opposite orientation and got a nice flat lay

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12