Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    had a great time, but the backs still out LOL

Kaia had a good time too LOL

other pics. Pics

will post more Monday.

TY
    KK&K
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow! What a hang! The best time in a long time! I was so caught up in meeting everyone I didn't get to talk at length to probably half of the people. There were quite a few funny stories, like ZQ telling the 'duck!' story and Kayak Karl telling about the guy he ran into in the Pine barrens and the thirteen children. That was funny stuff! Dutch revealed a new item "The Dutch hook." That was sweet to see a Premier of his. And he hand delivered my order, robbing parts off his own stuff so I got everything at one time of the stuff I'd ordered. Thanks to Rook for letting me know there was a 'PIF' laundry basket going around from which I scored a great item I wanted. Deucalion, he's like the energizer bunny' he just doesn't stop! Ramblinrev, Cranky bear, Darby, 2Q, Dan( From Ontario Canada), Theuprising(lucky, multiple raffle prize winnin rascal) Merry Mary right as we were leaving were just a few of the folks I enjoy my conversations with. I came away knowin there is alot I don't know. I gave a Trail name to a gut who just stumbled on the forum a day before the hang, he came with 2 other guys from over Philadelphia, I think. Seems he had some help from his two buddie with some safety pins in a makeshift Peapod sleeping bag system so I started calling him Pinned-in(Pin din). I got interviewed by the Reuters writer for like 20 minutes. Busy, fun hang. Great food! 40 degree wake up temp both days (35-36 degrees? Probably right before daylight).OK, enough from me except for a Huge Thank you to Charley and his generosity in giving me a ride to the best hang ever! Happy Trails, Two Tents.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    looks like a great hang. i have to make the next one. i'm jealous...
    thanks for posting pix.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Great pictures! Looks like a great turnout! Thanks for givin those of us that couldn't make it a glimpse.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    HHUL Explorer Asym.
    Tarp
    I dunno, came w HH
    Insulation
    HHSS & OC
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Just wanted to post that Andrew and I had a total BLAST at our first MAHHA!!!

I want to thank everyone for making it so much fun, but specifically thanks 2Q and ZQ for all the hard work, planning and worry that goes with successfully executing such a huge event.

Also, thanks to Dutch for guiding me through my first MAHHA pancake breakfast, and thanks to WV for helping teach me the mysteries of the "locked brummel".

From "Deer" Andrew, a big thanks to Peter Pan for his flint knapping demonstration.

PGFSP was a great location and a great host; thanks to them for the considerations they gave us to hold our "hang" there.

And one last THANKS to all those who I didn't mention, but who's contribution or attendance made this weekend so much fun!!!!

Bummer

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    WB Strap
    Images
    I was only there for the Saturday event, but I had a great time as well. When I wasn’t trying to stuff money in Dutch’s pocket buying his cool stuff, I was walking around asking questions, but mostly listening. I heard a lot of good discussion regarding hammock gear, modifications and personal opinions and suggestions to digest and ponder over. MAHHA was a tremendous help to make my choice for my tarp. 2Questions and ZQ answered many of my questions, ishmael made some tasty food and was helpful with expanding my menu choices. The flint knapping was interesting, but many of my fingernails would be black, or gone.

Everyone there was very helpful and open and excited to share. The enthusiasm shown was incredible. My one regret was not meeting each person and introduce myself, and I apologize for that. Great group of people.

I will attend the next MAHHA event and hopefully the complete weekend. I probably won’t be able to offer anything, except maybe more Pepsi, but maybe I can master something to share and be a participant. About all I know is fly tying, can I do that in a hammock?

Thanks to all involved

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    What a fun weekend! Being newbies, this was our first hang.
    Good food, great people, beautiful weather.
    Thanks to 2Q and ZQ and everyone else who helped put it together.
    Really looking forward to the fall hang!

mph5 & family

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    cool meeting you rook. when my buddy and i were hiking back down sunday AM we were talking about the people we met. my words to describe you and your buddy were "they're going to make it" in reference to the thru hike you have planned... attitude is so important and you've got it brosef!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i had a blast the most fun i had in a long time it was great to see some old friends and makes a few new ones .... the food was great thanks everyone for all the hard work
    2Q and ZQ you did a great job on setting this hang up i hope we have it there next year ... the Jacks and Darby thanks for taking the time to talk "Shop Talk"
    with me it's nice to put a face to the guys who make alot of the great gear we enjoy and i can now say i made KK speechless LOL
    LRR was good seeing you again my friend i will see you this winter PM me about what we talked about and was great to get to meet cranky bear
    and thexupriseing had a great time talking to ya's hope we can get together again sometime and everyone else i got to meet and chat with on Sat night
    it was nice to talk gear with real ppl and not just posts

i also would like to thank Dutch for helping me break down my setup
    Thanks Pal LOL .... Long story LOL ask 2Q
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    The Spring Hang was a seriously great time! Saw a lot of old friends and met a lot of new ones. In addition to everyone who has been thanked above, I'd like to say "thanks" to HappyCamper who always does so much, much of it out of the spotlight. I wish her a speedy recovery.

There were many great moments but one of the best was watching Dylan and Helen's twin five year old boys jumping in the mud hole near the water faucet. We commented to Helen as she headed in their direction that they were having a lot of fun. She replied, "What they don't know is they're about to get a cold shower under the faucet." And so they did! And took it like men, without a whimper. This morning I heard Helen ask them, "What is this morning's rule?" They answered in unison, "No more mud!" Lesson learned.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast