Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line

Which would be the Best way to attach to a single line suspension

With the red line being the suspension & the green leading down to the hammock. Would it be better to attach to the suspension via a utility constrictor or a Klemheist/Prusik knot.

Suspension line will most likely be Maxim tech cord, for the added strength.
    Last edited by Bitts; 04-28-2011 at 10:21.
    Perhaps in the mad scramble for sexy light weightness I and everyone else has forgotten the most important function of gear – not that it must weight nothing, look good and be cheap, but that it must keep you alive and increases your survivability.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Bitts, here is a thread you may find helpful.

UCR Variations

Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line
    Thank you for the reply Crackedup. I had read that one actually & actually liked the Idea. I'm just nervous about the knots weakening the suspension. My goal is to have a bombproof system, even if the line is at say 5 degrees. I've used both the Klemheist & Prusik knots to climb ropes. Thus trust them to hold my weight. Which is a concern, since I'm 6' 6" & 270. But there's a part of me that likes the constrictor for its elegance.
    Perhaps in the mad scramble for sexy light weightness I and everyone else has forgotten the most important function of gear – not that it must weight nothing, look good and be cheap, but that it must keep you alive and increases your survivability.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line
    P.S.: Is there perhaps a method which I am overlooking.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    I have been using this suspension for the last few months. I ended up calling it a continuous constrictor suspension (CCS).

It has worked very well for me.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line
    Alamosa: Thank you. Thats exactly what I had in my head. My concern was in that there may have been a weakness introduced to the constrictor. Your experience with it Helps greatly.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    I have found it rather bomb proof. I described using it in more of your 5* angle situation in this thread. The ridgeline would actually twang like a guitar string, but it was a very comfortable nights sleep.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line
    Again thank you. I tried searching for this topic over the last couple of weeks. But hadn't found what I was looking for.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

Hammock
    HammockBliss Triple
    Suspension
    Single Line
    ok so this is what I'm thinking of for the setup.

first depends on the type of rope but basically sink it in on itself to form a loop on the first end. locked bremmel or eye splice, so on.

then on the other end use a constrictor sling on the line with a Klemheist Knot on the back end keeping it tight. AKA length of rope with locked brummel splice on both ends & your sls running between them through the second lines hollow core.

then just run the rest of the suspension line into a rope bag to keep it clean & looking neat. of course it will still need to have your whatever around the tree. then link the ucr & the other ends eyelet to the anchors with a marlin spike hitch.

hang the hammock from the suspension line with klemheist/prusik knots.
    so am I missing something or do I finally have this stuff figured out?
    Last edited by Bitts; 07-09-2011 at 14:56.
    -Andy Kirkpatrick

• + New Posts