Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Hi Everyone!

First off, I must say, what a phenomenal community and collection of knowledge and information you have here! In my search for more hammock camping information, I felt like I struck gold when I found this site, so thank you!

I'm originally from southeastern Michigan and am now in Rochester, NY for school. I've been rock climbing indoors for over 5 years, and climbing outdoors for over 2 now. I also really love photography. You can check my stuff out here.

I got into hammocks because we had one at my house I loved, and I thought, man, that would be great for my climbing trips when we are camping. Started looking into it, and quickly stumbled across Shug's videos. The information he gave sold me, and his quirkiness and silly antics became instant funny quotes between my friends. Now, I am looking to upgrade from my Byer Moskito Traveler and Blue Poly Tarp to something nicer, and I have four other friends back at home rocking the same set up on our climbing trips.

I've never been on an actual backpacking trip, and I've only ever been hiking for the sake of hiking once, but we have to hike to our climbs all the time, so being in the outdoors is nothing new to me. I hope to get my first real overnighter in this summer in the Adirondacks of NY.

I've got a birthday coming up, and still being young, I am gonna try and persuade a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL and Edge Tarp out of my loving family. It seems like the perfect balance between lightweight and features for me, and I'm stoked to finally get back in a hammock.

Thanks again for the great community, and I look forward to learning more and hopefully getting some miles in with a few of you!

Best Regards,
    Stefano
    I have a friend that's about 35 years old and he still mooches off his parents on a regular basis. Heck I have daughters that are older than you and they still mooch off me. Mooch on and welcome from yet another upstate New Yorker.

Miguel

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Stefprez,

Welcome to the club. Beautiful photos you have there too.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    welcome to the madness
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/LeighloUQ
    Suspension
    webbing & whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    I've got a birthday coming up, and still being young, I am gonna try and persuade a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL and Edge Tarp out of my loving family. It seems like the perfect balance between lightweight and features for me, and I'm stoked to finally get back in a hammock.
    Just a few weeks ago I bought the same WBBB 1.0 Double and Edge Tarp. You'll love it! I also got 6 MSR Groundhog stakes for the tarp and hammock, and 100 feet of 2mm line for the guylines and tarp ridgeline, and the whole setup weighs less than 2.5 pounds. It's a great setup for very little weight.

Also a former Upstate New Yorker also, but Rockland County. The Appy Trail that runs through that area is awesome hammock camping. Have fun with your new setup (once you get it), and welcome to the community!

WWhermit

Hammock
    diy 2ply; eno single
    Tarp
    Nylon 10'12'
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    unknown @ this tim
    Welcome to the Forum, this is the place to research, learn or sit at the knee of these old times as they try to teach us - young folks.

I love Maple syrup; to play in hollows and rills; play with sgian and to eat Bacon & beef. Life is good.

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    Welcome, good luck with the birthday wishes, and thanks for the lovely photos. Looking forward to seeing photos of you hanging around.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! Quite excited to be here. Also, just as a little throwback, here's some shots from my early hanging days.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12