Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps

soocky chairs

As soon as the Venturer Scouts can get together to make our PIF chairs, 3 are Bigbogg and 4 to DBasi. Sorry for the delay in producion. Us leaders know how difficult it can be to get the teens together this time of year. Our time for construction is limited by camps, pathway clean ups, service projects fund raising, tree planting and our geodesic dome. At this weekends service camp we recieved two invitations to put on hammocking demonstrations for other groups. The chairs will be in the mail soon.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    Crew 50 would love some mule tape, but I don't wan't to pull it out from under RoadRunner. John, would you be willing to stuff a small flat rate box with as much as will fit if I send postage to you?

Thanks,

-Mike
    I can stuff about 110' in a small flat-rate box. Let me know if that's enough. PM Me your address.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    Mike- it's yours, I have other ways to get mule tape, if I need it. Please send John a PM about it.
    Let me know how much you need. I have plenty, and can get more. If all you need is 100', PM me your address...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Scout PIF

Well I ran into some trouble with gear a very little bit ago and the great people of this forum helped me and my son out with regaining our gear. A very nice offer can to me from the folks at Planet hammocks. They offered me two new hammocks. When I told them that I already had replacement coming they asked if I wanted to donate them in my name to someone else that was in need. I asked if they would let me give them away here. So here we are. Same rules apply to this give away by our friends at Planet Hammock. Whom you can see here. www.planethammock.nl

Free to the first Boy Scouts who does the following:
    1. Give a short presentation to your Troop or Patrol on the advantages of Hammock Camping.
    2. Submit a photo (or 2) on Hammock Forums of you or your Troop using hammocks.
    3. You must need these hammocks not want them.
    4. This is to go to Scouts only!!!!!!!

That is what we are offering good luck and may the must dedicated Scouts win.

And remember this always as I have from Cub Scout to Eagle Scout.
    A Scout is:
    • Trustworthy,
    • Loyal,
    • Helpful,
    • Friendly,
    • Courteous,
    • Kind,
    • Obedient,
    • Cheerful,
    • Thrifty,
    • Brave,
    • Clean,
    • And Reverent.
    Bigbogg
    Eagle Court of Honor May 12,1991
    Last edited by Bigbogg; 05-11-2011 at 21:52.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.7 dbl /traveler 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    camo superfly/ BMJ
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies

scout pif

I have a set of black amsteel whoopie slings I have made that are availible to the first scout that pm's me.
    I want to thank bigbogg for sugjesting the scout pif to me!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season Set
    Suspension
    Standard webbing
    I was a bit late to help out Bigbogg and Littlebogg after the theft of their gear and car, but have an old MSR Titanium pot and lid I want to donate. It's a .9 L capacity pot I won at a raffle a decade or two ago, and have used it once or twice over that time. It's used to store random pieces of gear on my work bench, and it deserves a better home.

I'm in Northern California, so OneEye's troop might be the best fit, but I'll let you guys sort that out. Send me a PM if interested, I'll cover shipping.

~ Jason

Edit: Giving the pot to OneEye today.
    Last edited by Jason; 05-12-2011 at 14:21.

Images

Thanks!

I was on my way through the Sacramento region today so I paid Jason a visit and graciously accepted the .5L TI pot on behalf of a Crew member. Thanks for the generosity!

BTW cute family, and I'm sorry for calling your young toddler "her". My wife tells me I'm am "socially inept", so that is par for the course.

-Mike

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season Set
    Suspension
    Standard webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    I was on my way through the Sacramento region today so I paid Jason a visit and graciously accepted the .5L TI pot on behalf of a Crew member. Thanks for the generosity!

BTW cute family, and I'm sorry for calling your young toddler "her". My wife tells me I'm am "socially inept", so that is par for the course.

-Mike
    To funny, and I can relate. Our little guy is 1 1/2, and was excited to be able to try his newly learned social skill of saying "bye" and waving. So glad the pot will be used now, and go to someone that deserves it. Will keep an eye out for other gear in the garage we no longer use. With us switching to hammocks and our family growing in size, I might have a tent or two (is that a bad thing to say on this site?).

~ Jason

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Calling Papasmurf, Calling Papasmurf.

Hey everyone I would like to see PapaSmurf get these. I know that he would maybe add some bug nets and ridgeline to these and get them to a good home. So if he is willing and want these to go to him. So what do you say Papasmurf can you help me out and get these to a good home?

Bigbogg

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbogg View Post
    Well I ran into some trouble with gear a very little bit ago and the great people of this forum helped me and my son out with regaining our gear. A very nice offer can to me from the folks at Planet hammocks. They offered me two new hammocks. When I told them that I already had replacement coming they asked if I wanted to donate them in my name to someone else that was in need. I asked if they would let me give them away here. So here we are. Same rules apply to this give away by our friends at Planet Hammock. Whom you can see here. www.planethammock.nl

Free to the first Boy Scouts who does the following:
    1. Give a short presentation to your Troop or Patrol on the advantages of Hammock Camping.
    2. Submit a photo (or 2) on Hammock Forums of you or your Troop using hammocks.
    3. You must need these hammocks not want them.
    4. This is to go to Scouts only!!!!!!!

That is what we are offering good luck and may the must dedicated Scouts win.

And remember this always as I have from Cub Scout to Eagle Scout.
    A Scout is:
    • Trustworthy,
    • Loyal,
    • Helpful,
    • Friendly,
    • Courteous,
    • Kind,
    • Obedient,
    • Cheerful,
    • Thrifty,
    • Brave,
    • Clean,
    • And Reverent.
    Bigbogg
    Eagle Court of Honor May 12,1991

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Sorry fellas,
    I'm down at Trail Days and keeping up with HF is next to impossible with a phone.

Yes, I will most certainly take them. I'll add tarps, bug nets, straps, etc and make 2 complete Scout hanging kits.

I'll post more details once I get back and get my ducks in a row.

On behalf of these boys, thank you Bigbogg and Planet Hammock.

Banned
    Hammock
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well there we go everyone hammocks will go to Papasmurf. I will get your info to the great people at Planet Hammocks. This is the least I can do after the kindness I was shown by my Hammock forum family help me and my son when we had all our gear stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Sorry fellas,
    I'm down at Trail Days and keeping up with HF is next to impossible with a phone.

Yes, I will most certainly take them. I'll add tarps, bug nets, straps, etc and make 2 complete Scout hanging kits.

I'll post more details once I get back and get my ducks in a row.

On behalf of these boys, thank you Bigbogg and Planet Hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast