Tarp
    10x12 TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    PolarPod
    Suspension
    TTTG Ring Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    ... i'm sure you're right though, people probably do still use it for parachutes, especially the diy'ers if there is such a thing.
    Thats what I call having faith in one's own sewing.
    Beer won't solve problems, but then again, neither will milk !
    Designer of the Switchback Hammock
    Tree to Tree Trail Gear:http://tttrailgear.com

Images
    yeah, i can imagine testing the first prototype would be a little un nerving

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL
    Tarp
    10x12 TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    PolarPod
    Suspension
    TTTG Ring Buckle
    Images
    Oh yeah, severe pucker factor
    Beer won't solve problems, but then again, neither will milk !
    Designer of the Switchback Hammock
    Tree to Tree Trail Gear:http://tttrailgear.com

hate to find a mistake in the test run. a little higher then the foot or so in a hammock.

but i say we should all bombard HH and JRB til they reveal the source of the coveted brown sil. or at least sell it to us...

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    performance textiles told me their parachute fabric wasn't sil impreg, and that sil impreg parachutes are "old school". i guess that doesn't mean other companies don't still ise it. i sampled some of their parachute fabric (exacta chute) and it was quite similar to sil, looked like a double sided coating. i'm sure you're right though, people probably do still use it for parachutes, especially the diy'ers if there is such a thing.
    The "HOT" parachutes used to be all sil, the milder versions(these would only break an ankle instead of both femurs if you botched a landing) were DWR with a sil top sheet. Everybody is always looking for smaller,lighter stuff (like us) so they are probably using the lighter stuff now.

who wants in?

hey, it looks like we all really want brown silicone impregnated nylon. i will wait in order to buy it. I can buy for 50 yards. thats 1950 to go, who will invest. I am moving in 3 weeks onto my bicycle, so i cannot be the one to puchase the bulk/ then distribute it. if someone will buy the roll and then post it on ebay price per yard and then say "2000 available" etc, then we could all buy the quantity we want. I think someone would be willing to invest in it from this website if everyone on here says "im in, and i want (this many) yards" etc. lets make this happen! thanks
    [email protected]

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peacegecko View Post
    hey, it looks like we all really want brown silicone impregnated nylon. i will wait in order to buy it. I can buy for 50 yards. thats 1950 to go, who will invest. I am moving in 3 weeks onto my bicycle, so i cannot be the one to puchase the bulk/ then distribute it. if someone will buy the roll and then post it on ebay price per yard and then say "2000 available" etc, then we could all buy the quantity we want. I think someone would be willing to invest in it from this website if everyone on here says "im in, and i want (this many) yards" etc. lets make this happen! thanks
    [email protected]
    Yes - who's going to be the one to piece out 2,000 yards in small yard pieces??

In order to keep your sanity, you would probably have to make that a minimum order of 100 yards !?!?!? Lets see 4 yds/hammock ..... Do you really need that many hammocks or quilts or overcovers or .... !?!?!?

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    I wish that it could be a go, but at $6/yard, it really is unreasonable. Amanda and I buy 100 yards at a time, and we cannot just sit on $600+ of fabric. We would have to raise our prices again, and that is not something that I would like to do. Sure the brown is a good color, but we have black, and that is ok too.

Amanda wanted the Brown, to make a brown and pink tarp, to match a brown and pink hammock . I would like brown, but I can wait till it comes a long at a better price.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456