Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    I stopped off at my local Michaels (kinda like Hobby Lobby) and they had the 2,5 oz single cans but none in the camo colors, but they did have black. I did not get any since i was looking for the larger cans. Guess i will keep looking around.

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    Well i wasn't real happy with the way the camo turned out, but i found some other paint at Walmart. It is Tulip Fabric Spray Paint in Black, Brown and Green. They are manual spray bottles. I staked out the tarp and just started splattering the paint on the tarp. I started with Black, then went to Green and finally Brown. It does not seem to run when wet or rub off, so so far so good. Here are a few pics of it quickly strung up in a little patch of woods. I think it looks a lot better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I googled Fabric spray paint... and came up with this from the Krylon website:

Question: I've heard that you can use Krylon spray paint on clothing. Is this true?

Answer: Yes, it's true! Spray paint is a fun, easy, and cheap way to update your wardrobe. Plus, you can be your own fashion designer!

Fabric painting is very hot right now. Try this fast and easy technique on your jeans, jackets, T-shirts, ballcaps, backpacks, and even tennis shoes. Spray & go fashion will have you sporting a whole new look in an hour or less.

Hmmm..... I'm sure all this painting and dyeing is adding weight, but it's not a backpacking tarp anyway!

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Burrow 20-Phoenix0
    Suspension
    Whoopies-ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    I googled Fabric spray paint... and came up with this from the Krylon website:

Question: I've heard that you can use Krylon spray paint on clothing. Is this true?

Answer: Yes, it's true! Spray paint is a fun, easy, and cheap way to update your wardrobe. Plus, you can be your own fashion designer!

Fabric painting is very hot right now. Try this fast and easy technique on your jeans, jackets, T-shirts, ballcaps, backpacks, and even tennis shoes. Spray & go fashion will have you sporting a whole new look in an hour or less.

Hmmm..... I'm sure all this painting and dyeing is adding weight, but it's not a backpacking tarp anyway!

John
    Thanks John. I sat here wondering if you could use Krylon to create your own camo on tarps and hammocks.
    Buckeye Bill

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234