Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
If the only trees you can hang from are 25' or more apart, then you need that length, but you will need a structural ridgeline (not a ladder) and some ingenuity and caution to get your suspension safely tight enough to keep you off the ground. Better plan on having a good marlinspike hitch with a nice smooth toggle or you won't be able to take your rig down in the morning.

If you have found yourself in places where you really need long whoopies, keep them, but you would probably do better to cut off the excess.
Hmmm, I may have to....save some cash on amsteel while I'm at it. This post made me think about another question I had while doing a test hang in the cold today.

First, setting up in a high wind can be a bit of a pain in the arse. Should get better as I gain exp. But, the question became in this wind/cold, the whoopies were pretty hard to tension. Not impossible, but anyone have comments on how to get better purchase on the amsteel. Kind of wonder if I could spray some sticky fingers on the outside of the bury.