Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    "Therma-Rest" type
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle

Crazy Creek Crazy Crib?

Hey Everyone,

Did a search about the Crazy Crib. Found some tidbits here and there, but nothing comprehensive.

At the moment, I have an inexpensive franken-system. Byer Traveller with just a cheap, blue hardware store tarp. No bug net (yet).

The Clark Jungle Hammock looks sweet, but I don't think I'm ready to drop that much coin.

I found the Crazy Crib Lex system for $130 on a site that looks like a decent system - hammock includes a sleeve for a pad or is a 2 layer or whatever. It's a "complete" system with nylon tarp, bug net, couple poles, etc.

Anyone with recent experience using one of these? Other thoughts on expanding my current system (with a 3rd party tarp and/or bug net) would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Probably not the best choice for you based on your other thread. You said the Byer Traveller Lite was a touch too small for you, well the Crazy Creek Crib is a full 10" shorter than the Byer Traveller.

They are really small hammocks. Not a rig I generally suggest for folks of 'normal' size. BTW, welcome to the Forums!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    On tarps and bugnets:

Tarps are in generous supply around here. The only real problem is picking one. Are you a camper primarily, or a hiker? I'm a fan of the OES MacCat tarps and the Warbonnet tarps, but there are many a fine tarp maker lurking around here.

Bugnetting is currently, IMO, ruled by the Warbonnet net. It's the lightest thing going commercially right now and has a good entry/exit position. They fit over every hammock I've tried it on...which is a few.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    1.0 DL WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    "Therma-Rest" type
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle
    I've never hiked. My gear is in the bottom of a canoe 90% of the time. So weight isn't a huge issue. But it is something that I like to keep in mind, should I ever go hiking - which I plan to do one of these days.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    If weight isn't an issue (or much of one), you could go with the ENO bugnet. It's $10 cheaper and a little more than twice the weight at 16oz. I don't like the vertical entry as much as the horizontal, but they do work just fine.

The infamous 12x12 Gear Guide tarps are a super duper fantastic deal if you don't mind the weight and bulk. I can't remember the specs on them right now, but for paddling trips I think they would be near ideal. Lots of space under them and bargain priced to boot! Only issue is that sometimes their size can be a negative because it takes a fairly wide spaced pair of trees to rig it nice and pretty.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts