WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I use JT Eaton's that I get by the gallon from Amazon.It comes with a sprayer but I prefer to pour it into one of those good spray bottles you get from Ace Hardware to regulate my spray better and its just more handy and does not drip.
    Is that the J T Eaton’s 209-W1G type that you buy on Amazon or one of the others?
    Thanks

https://www.jteaton.com/product/kill...ater-base-gal/
    Last edited by 1-Hung-Low; 07-11-2020 at 14:57.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    WBBB / Chameleon
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    SLD TW / CRO UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm0614 View Post
    Hey all,

I know it has been discussed to death on here in many forums, but just wanted to clarify exactly what the ideal product is to do the permethrin "dunk and soak method" for hammocks, clothes and tents.

Am I right in my understanding that the Martin's Permethrin 10% solution it best option for this as it's water based and doesn't contain petroleum distallates? Is this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Martin-s-...-32oz/26961590 the product I should be looking for? I saw that Gordon's and some other Martin's products are clearly labeled as containing petroleum distallates...this one isn't so I believe this is what I want correct? If not, what is the exact product I want? Are there any other options which don't contain petroleum distallates?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this!
    Quote Originally Posted by villagelock View Post
    Hi grimm0614,

I bought the exact same thing from Amazon. Mixed it up as directed and used a sprayer to apply. I let it dry outside for two days before I brought it in. The smell was pretty bad and after a couple more days I had to run everything through the washer twice in order to finally get it out. The smell got me to coughing.
    It doesn't say anything about petroleum distallates, but it doesn't mention clothing, either. Just livestock.
    I then got the Sawyer pre-mix and used that with no problemI'm gonna stick with the Sawyer from now on. This product didn't work for me.
    Well, I don't know exactly what happened, but I'm gonna have to change my opinion on this little review. With most of the bottle of Martin's mentioned above, I had to try it again to see if I got the same results before tossing it out. Short story is that I cleaned my sprayer, measured it out very carefully, and soaked a test T-shirt. The results are nothing like the first time. I have a slight musty smell after drying overnight and that's it. Nothing overpowering at all and after another day or two of drying, it should be totally acceptable. All I can think is I didn't mix it right, I didn't shake it enough, or there was malathion residue in the sprayer.
    So, I have to take it all back. I'm willing to keep using the Martin's, being extra careful with the prep. Mea Culpa.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Operator, Habanero
    Suspension
    Turtles, Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by villagelock View Post
    Well, I don't know exactly what happened, but I'm gonna have to change my opinion on this little review. With most of the bottle of Martin's mentioned above, I had to try it again to see if I got the same results before tossing it out. Short story is that I cleaned my sprayer, measured it out very carefully, and soaked a test T-shirt. The results are nothing like the first time. I have a slight musty smell after drying overnight and that's it. Nothing overpowering at all and after another day or two of drying, it should be totally acceptable. All I can think is I didn't mix it right, I didn't shake it enough, or there was malathion residue in the sprayer.
    So, I have to take it all back. I'm willing to keep using the Martin's, being extra careful with the prep. Mea Culpa.
    Great to hear it worked out! I'll be doing the dunk and soak method so I'll make sure nothing gets in that bucket but Martin's and water!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112