Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I can get the net closed almost to the size of 7/64th amsteel, but when you factor in the pulling down on the net it settles on the end of the fabric of the hammock creating a very good seal! Now mind you that it's not perfect, and nothing really is, best practice (at least from my perspective) is to make the net take a bath in Permethrin, so it works on many levels! I will try and dig mine out in the morning and take some pics for you, don't think I will be able to show it loaded, but it will at least provide you with something!

I can't really say anything about the zipper, sorry!
    You soak the net in Permethrin? Thats a good idea, I wouldn't have thought of that.
    Rockhound: “Hey, Harry.”
    Harry: “Yeah, Rock?”
    Rockhound: “You know we're sitting on 4 million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon, and a thing that has two hundred and seventy thousand moving parts, built by the lowest bidder!”

Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    You soak the net in Permethrin? Thats a good idea, I wouldn't have thought of that.
    Actually I sprayed the heck out of it, I went to REI for the soak kit and they didn't have it, but they had the large pump spray bottle, so I soaked the mess out of it! Quite funny too, it was dripping on the back patio for like two days! Has worked "real" well so far!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Actually I sprayed the heck out of it, I went to REI for the soak kit and they didn't have it, but they had the large pump spray bottle, so I soaked the mess out of it! Quite funny too, it was dripping on the back patio for like two days! Has worked "real" well so far!!!
    You're okay? haven't sprouted another arm or anything? I'll have to soak mine after it arrives. Last time I hung in Oklahoma, last week, came home with two ticks.
    Rockhound: “You know we're sitting on 4 million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon, and a thing that has two hundred and seventy thousand moving parts, built by the lowest bidder!”

You're okay? haven't sprouted another arm or anything? I'll have to soak mine after it arrives. Last time I hung in Oklahoma, last week, came home with two ticks.
    Perfectly fine, what, what did you say, sorry that was my other personality talking, what were we discussing!

JJ

It has worked great, I have treated pretty much everything, well actually I have my new items that need to be treated!
    Thanks for the reminder, I got some spraying to do!!!!!

I got Lymes on a hike on the AT in VA, and after that hike I did a little research and received advise from many HF members!

There were many, many, many posts/threads on the whole Permethrin thing, even a couple by me with emails from Sawyer! You can do a search and it will pull all them up!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    Permetherin works but is WAY cheaper at your local farm supply store. You just have to remember to dilute it (although I've never tried seeing what 10% would do, normal for clothing is 0.5%). Its ok if you can't get the pictures with you in it but they would be nice.

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Perfectly fine, what, what did you say, sorry that was my other personality talking, what were we discussing!

JJ

It has worked great, I have treated pretty much everything, well actually I have my new items that need to be treated!
    Thanks for the reminder, I got some spraying to do!!!!!

I got Lymes on a hike on the AT in VA, and after that hike I did a little research and received advise from many HF members!

There were many, many, many posts/threads on the whole Permethrin thing, even a couple by me with emails from Sawyer! You can do a search and it will pull all them up!
    Are using the 5%? I've seen 10% in a few places, Amazon just today.

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    Are using the 5%? I've seen 10% in a few places, Amazon just today.
    Its 0.5%, note the period, for clothing and such, the farming (for horses, cows, pigs, dogs, barns and so on) stuff is normally sold as 10% then diluted down to the correct ratio (which varies by animal). So you have to dilute it yourself. O and a reminder if you have a cat keep it well away from the chemical AND the gear you treat with it until the gear is fully dry, dry its safe (or so I've heard never tested), when wet it is highly poisonous to a cat (or so my friend that works at a pet store told me after a coworker accidentally used some on one).

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Texron,
    I started a new thread with a little "how-to" so we don't stray too far off the original topic.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=30606

Here are the pic's as promised!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    Hmmm, seems to seal decently but I've had stuff get into a net that was tucked under me too, so I'll probably just try and make me one with an integrated net with a short zipper.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast