Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images

Summer slow-down

I am incredibly grateful to the awesome folks that frequent HF and have chosen to send their hard earned cash my direction in return for some custom items.
    Due to my summer schedule, I will be dramatically scaling back my gear making until things cool off in the fall.

I can still whip out some quick things like my version of the ultralight camp chair (inspired by the Jerry Chair)... I've got a new modified ultralight chair that will accommodate various sit pad sizes and has straight sides, eliminating any fabric that isn't providing support. This allows any variety of sit pads to be used and reduces the overall weight to around 1.5-1.6 oz.
    I even have a new design for an even lighter ultralight chair that should be closer to 1oz. Hope to prototype this one later this week.

Feel free to send me any custom gear requests that you have, but understand that over the summer I won't be able to get items made and shipped in days... it will be more like weeks. I may also be away from the computer for several days at a time, so PM and email responses may not always be as snappy as in the winter when I spend more time indoors.

Recent feedback from HF users:
    "Jeff, I received the tubes and chair yesterday. Nice work. Look forward to putting them to use. I might need another one if each..."

"Hey Jeff, I don't think I ever reported back to you on the Jerry Chair... it's awesome!!! I can't believe how comfortable it is. Thanks again."

"Just wanted to say the camp chair made it here and I wanted to thank you again, Iam amazed at how light and simple it is! You sir are a asset to this site!"

"I got the peak bag today. Very nice. It will come in handy. Thanks a lot."

"Jeff, Just a quick note. I received the quilt LOOKS AWESOME."

As usual, if you are looking for "off the shelf" items, there are a variety of great vendors here on HF that can provide them for you at better prices than I can.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Jeff..

I'd like to see a pic of your tubes as well...

I also need a couple of things....

Can you drop me a note here please

[email protected]

Thanks

Eric
    O/ST

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I'd sign up for one of the ix suits, anorak style, no zippers.

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Sorry, just saw the last couple of posts.
    I broke my foot last weekend and can't operate the sewing machine for a while.
    Also realizing that my schedule over the summer isn't allowing any time to make gear.
    So... I'll be back in the fall offering to make custom gear, but consider my mini-cottage to have a big "Closed for Summer" sign on the door.

Thanks again to all that I made gear for this past cold season.
    Your faith in my (limited) abilities allowed me to defray some of the cost of outfitting my family with our first set of hammock gear (nearly all of which I made)

Since someone inevitably asks "how'd you break your foot?" I may as well confess up front...
    I had a serious lapse of judgement and was practicing taekwondo in my office. Any mentally challenged 5 year old would have immediately recognized that what I was doing was nearly guaranteed to end painfully, but I was having fun kicking a stuffed sleeping bag off of a low table. After 20 or so successful kicks I was thinking less about NOT hitting the table and more about rolling my hips into the roundhouse kick to generate more power(kicking technique). I swung low and launched the table across the room when I hit it instead of the sleeping bag I was aiming for.
    Table 1 vs Jeff's foot 0

Quite possibly the stupidest of the many creative ways I've found to injure myself.

On the positive side, I was able to exercise some of the more colorful parts of my vocabulary that don't get too much usage since I left the military.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    hope to see you back making gear again. its been too long man!
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    hope to see you back making gear again. its been too long man!
    Thanks!
    Been even busier than I expected this summer. No time to even think about gear making.
    Although your note has gotten me itching to create some innovative stuff this winter.

Hope to hit the woods/trails as it cools a bit in the coming months. With the heat here in the South East US and my other summer season activities, I don't even try to camp in the summer. That will change in a couple of years when my mini-me is old enough for Weblos summer camp, and then Boy Scout summer camp.

Y'all enjoy the rest of the summer and start saving your money.
    I'll be making custom gear again before you know it.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcress View Post
    Thanks!
    Been even busier than I expected this summer. No time to even think about gear making.
    Although your note has gotten me itching to create some innovative stuff this winter.

Hope to hit the woods/trails as it cools a bit in the coming months. With the heat here in the South East US and my other summer season activities, I don't even try to camp in the summer. That will change in a couple of years when my mini-me is old enough for Weblos summer camp, and then Boy Scout summer camp.

Y'all enjoy the rest of the summer and start saving your money.
    I'll be making custom gear again before you know it.
    haha that sounds good man, and im waiting anxiously to see some more of your handy work. when you return ill hopefully have an order ready for ya
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123