Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    Quote Originally Posted by barefooter View Post
    im up in mt healthy. we stopped and tent camped last year in march at the second camp spot.. took a short cut. walked down to the tracks after setting up but never got to go to the tunnel is it down the tracks off the trail?
    or is it another trail? we are going the 14-15th of april im the first of the guys to get the hammock if i can im going to make my buddy a believer. i;m obviously really new and dont know alot and still am not quite set up for hiking like i'd like to running a little heavy on my pack but im working on it
    Not sure where the trails run through in relation to the tunnel, but it isn't too far off of the main road. It has been cleared out quite a bit so you can actually see it from the road now if you are looking for it. It's worth a look, pretty cool. I'm told there is another tunnel further down the line that can still be accessed, but i haven't had time to go look for it. Here is a link with GPS coord that might help.

http://www.moonvilletunnel.net/

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    A Whooooo Buddy Welcome to you in Oh-ho-ho.....
    Shug
    Hey thanks Shug, i have enjoyed your vids, lots of great advice and info. It is appreciated!

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    Quote Originally Posted by HWS View Post
    Hello from Lakewood Ohio and WECLOME!

Been to Columbus many times but Cincy only once not counting drive throughs. My friend got married there. The next day I parked my car by the river and ended up walking over one of the bridges to the stadium. That day the Reds were playing the Indians! Bought a ticket and enjoyed a great baseball game and had my first look at the "Great American Ball Park" Before my drive back home.

Maybe we can catch a hang togther sometime.
    I live fairly close to the stadium and just up the hill from the river, we do love our town. Lots of fun stuff to do, especially when the weather warms up. Look me up if you ever make it down, i'll give you the tour and we'll find a hanging spot with a view of the river.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Welcome from many miles to the east.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    im up in mt healthy. we stopped and tent camped last year in march at the second camp spot.. took a short cut. walked down to the tracks after setting up but never got to go to the tunnel is it down the tracks off the trail?
    or is it another trail? we are going the 14-15th of april im the first of the guys to get the hammock if i can im going to make my buddy a believer. i;m obviously really new and dont know alot and still am not quite set up for hiking like i'd like to running a little heavy on my pack but im working on it
    Hey barefooter, found this pic I took last time I was there. The trail that leads to the tunnel is just to the left of my bike. I always forget the exact route so I just wander around the back roads till I see the red bridge.

Hammock
    hennessy scout
    [QUOTE=daveinoh;436326]Hey barefooter, found this pic I took last time I was there. The trail that leads to the tunnel is just to the left of my bike. I always forget the exact route so I just wander around the back roads till I see the red bridge.

nice! ok i will definnatly type in the coordiantes you gave me on that website into the gps and see where it takes me. red bridge.. good to know. so do u hike dave or bike and camp?

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    [QUOTE=barefooter;436644]
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post
    Hey barefooter, found this pic I took last time I was there. The trail that leads to the tunnel is just to the left of my bike. I always forget the exact route so I just wander around the back roads till I see the red bridge.

nice! ok i will definnatly type in the coordiantes you gave me on that website into the gps and see where it takes me. red bridge.. good to know. so do u hike dave or bike and camp?
    Been trying lots of new things the last couple of years. Never been much of a hiker in the past (short fat whiteboy syndrome), but I am trying to spend a lot more time outdoors! I love to explore, on foot, on 2 wheels, I'm game. I've been taking day trips on my bike for a while now but always want to go further and hotels are expensive. I figure adding the ability to camp will extend my range and add another level of fun.

Hammock
    hennessy scout
    [QUOTE=daveinoh;436808]

Been trying lots of new things the last couple of years. Never been much of a hiker in the past (short fat whiteboy syndrome), but I am trying to spend a lot more time outdoors! I love to explore, on foot, on 2 wheels, I'm game. I've been taking day trips on my bike for a while now but always want to go further and hotels are expensive. I figure adding the ability to camp will extend my range and add another level of fun.
    Nice! That's cool! I'm thinkin that next weekend I'm gunna run out and do a test set up somewhere besides my yard. Hills difrent trees etc. know of anyplaces near mt healthy I can do that. Is mt airy good? Never been there. Just don't wanna get in trouble just set up then head home. Just so I don't have any suprises first trip out

Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    stock Hennessey
    [QUOTE=barefooter;437968]
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinoh View Post

Nice! That's cool! I'm thinkin that next weekend I'm gunna run out and do a test set up somewhere besides my yard. Hills difrent trees etc. know of anyplaces near mt healthy I can do that. Is mt airy good? Never been there. Just don't wanna get in trouble just set up then head home. Just so I don't have any suprises first trip out
    Lots of space at Mt. Airy, should have no problem setting up for a while. Lots of trails to go down to get away from the crowds. My hammock will be out getting a zipper mod for a while but when I get it back i'll be doing the same thing.

Welcome from WV! My family and I visit the Cincy area fairly regularly. Jungle Jim's is one of our regular stops when we are in the area.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast