Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    I'm interested, but not until July...

Wow. I need to check in more...actually work less so can check in.

Just about anywhere in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest is great for hanging. However we do need to be aware of the all of the road closures --->http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...s%20&%20Events The list is kind of depressing, but there is a sliver lining. Stuff is actually getting fixed finally!!!!

Regarding Monte Cristo. It would be a nice place for a hang, but... Access may be an issue. Mtn Loop is closed at Red Bridge, and there is no ETA on reopening the road. Of course it is a summer hang...there may access via Darrington. Another consideration (I'm not trying to scare people) Monte Cristo is a super fund site. There are plans to temporarily close the area to the public during a clean up. Was supposed to start last year, but is delayed with no ETA.

I'm all for something up route 2. Index area is nice, but further east to Skykomish is better. There's access to Alpine Lakes Wilderness to the south and Glacier Peak Wilderness to the north. Up Beckler River road is the back door route to Eagle Lake, Meadow Creek, Evergreen Mtn Look out, Blanca Lake, Quartz Creek, West Cady Ridge, North Fork Skykomish, and Pass Creek. Best of all there are no permit issues.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter
    Insulation
    down bag, pad
    Suspension
    strap,biner,D-ring
    I'd be in if the timing is right. My son is getting married in July and the wedding/reception is on my property. I'm afraid my weekends are booked until after that.

In the southern Alpine Lakes area I've been to Pete Lake (easy 5 mile hike), Spectacle Lake (another 3 or 4 miles past Pete Lake with the last 2 miles being switchbacks) and Waptus Lake (moderate 10 mile hike with stream crossing unless they get the bridge rebuilt). Trip report for the Waptus trip that my wife and I did:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=19522
    I have pictures of the Pete Lake/Spectacle Lake area if there is interest.

I've been in the Goat Rocks wilderness also and can provide pictures if there is any interest in that area.

1st half of Sept is a good time to go with the the daytime temperatures starting to drop but not getting too cold at night and the huckleberries are ripe .

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    How about Stevens to Snoquamie. Its a nice 70 miler and has the best views in Washington IMO. Or there is Spectacle lake, I can never get enough of that place. Its on the tail end of that PCT section. But what ever, I'm down for it, if it fits into my already getting crazy summer schedule.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hey mugs, you gonna do that as a day hike?

Seriously, how big a crowd you expect to attract if you advertise a 70 miler.
    If the section Stevens to Snoqualmie is anything like Dishpan gap to White Pass in the Glacier peak area i would be willing to attempt that 70 mile's...not as a day hike. You got me looking at the Topo now.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba Silnylon
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps
    Stevens to Snoqualmie might be a fun side adventure for a smaller group who wants to do a longer hike after the summer hang. I'd probably be interested in something like that in August myself.

Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    How many days would that 70 mile hike be?

So far the mot intrigueing idea I've seen here is goat rocks in September...

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter
    Insulation
    down bag, pad
    Suspension
    strap,biner,D-ring
    Stevens to Snoqualmie is supposed to be one of the most scenic sections of the PCT and is on my bucket list but may not be the best choice to attract the wide variety of folks that might be interested in the group hang.

Total agreement with Mugs - Spectacle Lake is awesome. I haven't been up there since the fire that was in the area a couple years ago. Supposedly the lake wasn't affected but a section of the trail goes thru the burn area.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by ceiliazul View Post
    How many days would that 70 mile hike be?
    Takes me a 2.5 days to do 70 miles on average. Never been able to break it, but some day I hope to nail 70 in 2 days.

So I take it a group hang is just that...A short hike in and we all "hang" for the weekend. That sounds fun too.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Make that 4 to 6 days i'm in. But 2.5 days! I'd have to loose about 60lbs of prosperity around my mid section before that would happen.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast