Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Advice for heavy hanger

I bought an ENO singlenest (looked closer and its a double nest...when I bought it I didnt know the differance) last year since I have wanted to try a good hammock for years but never quite got to it. I like the fact that it has a 400 #rating but also compresses small enough to carry. I used to bicycle camp alot but 2 years ago I got hurt on the job and gained a bunch of weight. I am thinking of hiking the at this spring/summer to help lose some of the weight as well as to escape life for a little while.
    My question is about the weight rating of the hammock. I usually weigh around 300 lbs or so ,depending on how lazy I was during the winter and how busy I am in the summer. When I got hurt I was coming off a slow winter and weiged about 330. Now two very lazy years later i weigh in at 410lbs. I desperatly need to remidy this situation ,but no longer want to deal with carring my ever shrinking tent.
    Will my eno hammock last long enough till I lose a little, or wiill the hang straps give,or..?. I dont want to use a tent only to have to send it home later,I would rather use my hammock.
    Thaks guys and happy hangin!
    Last edited by spanky4x4; 01-28-2008 at 17:44. Reason: doublenest instead of single nest

• + New Posts