Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    I have watched the Holiday video a dozen times....it always makes me smile.

The other videos are very informative, and have empowered a lot of people with a lot of knowledge. In fact, I ordered my OES tarp with side pull outs after watching Shugs videos.

Shug also sent me a bunch of music, which rocks!

Robbie
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    StormcrowIncubator
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Humbled by this am I.....
    I tried to be serious and straight up with a "just the info" approach but my impulses ruled me out.
    Videos are easier to learn from when they're entertaining. I learned a great deal from your videos and enjoyed watching them. Keep on making videos for all of us noobs out there and thanks for being entertaining as well as informative.

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Shug is a national treasure and deserves every bit of honor bestowed upon him... good information, presented in a down home yet hillarious way, by a truly good man. God was on a roll when Shug was created.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Shug is a drug not Charlie Sheen I watch his videos more than once some are downloaded so I can watch on big screen.

Hammock
    Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling
    Watching Shug and his videos helped me to decide on a hammock. Having that much fun I just had to give it a try. Ordered a WBB 1.0. Can't wait till it arrives. I love camping now I will float to sleep.
    Thanks Shug

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by otter46544 View Post
    Jollyllama if you are saying you have only watched 10 Shug videos you have only scratched the surface of all things Shug. You really need to check out his youtube channel. There are Hrs of fun and entertainment at your disposal.

Like many others I found Shug on youtube before I found Hammock Forums. I think through Tinny. As a result of Shug putting Hammockforums.net in his videos I eventually decided to see what kind of geeks would frequent a forum dedicated to hammocks. I am now a geek. Ok I was before but now Im a hommock geek.
    Yeah I have seen a couple more than the "10 hammock videos," but have begun to realize how few I have really seen. I wish someone with more time and know how would make a "best of" video of Shug's antics and sayings. At first I had no clue what I was watching, but as I got to understand the humor I was quickly addicted, similar to this hammocking bug I have caught...

As was mentioned previously, it is a goal of mine to hang with Shug himself one day. I think it would be best to just happen upon him in the woods, spook him a bit, only to reassure him that I too want to sleep in a hammock. (Not the same one as him, you understand).

This site is unreal.
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyllama View Post
    Yeah I have seen a couple more than the "10 hammock videos," but have begun to realize how few I have really seen. I wish someone with more time and know how would make a "best of" video of Shug's antics and sayings. At first I had no clue what I was watching, but as I got to understand the humor I was quickly addicted, similar to this hammocking bug I have caught...

As was mentioned previously, it is a goal of mine to hang with Shug himself one day. I think it would be best to just happen upon him in the woods, spook him a bit, only to reassure him that I too want to sleep in a hammock. (Not the same one as him, you understand).

This site is unreal.
    Keep in mind that most folks in the woods think I have an "Axe-Murderer" persona. Not really though ......I prefer a lawn-mower blade.
    Of course I jest.
    Hope to hang with you as well in the glorious piney woods.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Keep in mind that most folks in the woods think I have an "Axe-Murderer" persona.
    freakin' great hahahaha... I could see that

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyllama View Post
    At first I had no clue what I was watching, but as I got to understand the humor I was quickly addicted, similar to this hammocking bug I have caught...
    If you have not watched Slingblade you should. It explains a lot of Shugs humor.

Lawnmower blade....
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    they are like a hammock bible :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast