Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Tarp ridgeline selection

From all I have learned here I am dreaming of spring and getting out to hanging. I have re-thought my suspension and am re-thinking my tarp suspension system. I have a whole bunch (literally thousands of feet) of 75 pound nylon cord. Both 12 strand flat braid and a round braid that is too tight to try to splice. My questions are: Is 75# going to be strong enough for the tarp? Second, I plan to use a toggle through an eyelet to set the tension on the tarp itself, In this way there is no tension on the tarp fabric, it is all borne by the ridgeline. Is this appropriate? Finally, I am a touch claustrophobic so will be placing the tarp perhaps a foot or so above the hammock so I can see out. Does this open me up to any concerns? I was an accomplished ground-dweller, and have resolved to elevate my game as I am no longer able to get up like I did in my younger days.
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HGWinter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Well, 75 will most likely be the safe working load, not the break point, and the break point could well be 150lb plus.

when you say the toggle, there is still stress on the tie out/fabric but you dont need to make it too tight at all, nor the ridgeline. if you pitch it just taut and higher, then you cinch it down with the guy lines etc. there is no real need from a structural perspective to really stress the ridgeline tie outs.

if you dont have a continuous ridgeline and just use two seperate cords that works well. see warbonnet website, then set up, then superfly.

• + New Posts