Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
Just found myself a new project for this weekend. Thanks for posting this.

Fronkey
Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
Well done, Knotty! You just allowed me to scratch one item off my "potential projects" list. I like the way you're attaching the bungees to the hammock. I've hand-sewn bungees in similar applications (i. e. - bungee in a tube of fabric), and it's a pain pushing a needle through the elastic core - tough stuff.

We can take the photos to prove it works at MAHHA. Of course, I mean pictures of someone lying in the hammock with the side taut and then sitting in it with the side stretched.
I had tried machine sewing bungee with no success. I'll try to post a video soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
When I read your description, before seeing the pictures, I had a thought. Make the hammock body in three pieces, like an ENO Doublenest(wide center with a narrow strip on each side), but make the side pieces out of a stretchy fabric.

If you sewed them together with the stretchy fabric extended, the hammock would gather on the sides until it was loaded, then it could give, and the stretch would keep the sides tight.

I'm not sure I explained that very well...

Jerry
I get it and think it would work. This was just easier and existing hammocks could be modded.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAlpha View Post
looks good!
Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
very nice idea Knotty,..

the section where you added the shock cord looks like it only runs the length from your shoulders to your thigh, is this correct? does the shock cord add any pressure to your sides?
The distance btw tabs is 2' and it's down by my feet. You could probably locate it anywhere but I didn't want it by my face. And at mid hammock you'd sit on it getting in and out.